Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

NEW Master Replicas Thread

Since our old Master Replicas Thread disapeared, I'm re-launching a NEW thread to talk about anything Master Replicas related.

To start off, Toy Fair Ney York! Some awesome pictures provided by the collecting websites show us some great props on the way from MR! Looks like we're getting.....

- Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber LE Revenge of the Sith
    - Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber LE Revenge of the Sith
    - Master Yoda Lightsaber LE Revenge of the Sith
    - Han Solo Blaster LE The Empire Strikes Back
    - Darth Vader Lightsaber LE Revenge of the Sith
    - Emperor Palpatine Lightsaber LE Revenge of the Sith
    - Studio Scale AT-AT Walker II The Empire Strikes Back
    - Clone Trooper Helmet Revenge of the Sith
    - Darth Vader Helmet Revenge of the Sith
    - Lightsaber Scales Series! Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Master Yoda, Darth Vader, Count Dooku and Darth Sidious.

Did I miss any? What does everybody think???
    Last edited by Jayspawn; 02-22-2005 at 09:15 PM.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Re: NEW Master Replicas Thread

I like the palpatine saber the best. I am also interested in the Vader helmet. Since I have the first AT-AT I am kind of mad they already made a second. I also wonder looking at the new site what they mean by retooling the collecters society.

I love the Han blaster and will get that plus all of the scaled series. Not digging the Palpatine saber too much, I don't know if it's just me but it just doesn't look like a lightsaber. I guess the Mace didn't either initially but that grew on me so maybe the Palpy will too. Also I can't see any difference between the Dooku scaled AOTC and ROTS models...

I love the Han Blaster also and have that on order. The Palpatine Lightsaber looks neat but its new so I'll have to grow on me also. I like the Darth Vader Helmet and want one -but it seems a little small though. Maybe its me but his helmet is pretty big.

I want to order the Yoda Lightsaber but cant understand the justification in ordering one. Just seems wrong that MR is charging more for it this time around.

I've heard it through the grapevine that the Clonetrooper Helmets will be going for some $350 (not bad) and the Vader Helmet for around $900! Ouch! I was hoping for something around the $350 range! I'm assuming that both helmets will be made of fiberglass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    I've heard it through the grapevine that the Clonetrooper Helmets will be going for some $350 (not bad) and the Vader Helmet for around $900! Ouch! I was hoping for something around the $350 range! I'm assuming that both helmets will be made of fiberglass.
    The price difference with the Vader helmet is that it is a studio scale model. It is an exact replica of what Hayden Christensen wears in the film down to the last detail inside and out.

I know that -but then so should the Clonetrooper Helmet even though I'm sure they are all CG again. It should be sudio scale as well.

Does anyone out there know if Sir Steve is going to review the newer MR FFX light sabres that only use 3 AA batteries? Questions like how does the battery life compare with the 6 AA versions? Does it have the same sensors and sounds? How much does it weigh? Is it as durable, now that it is apparently thinner?

Given that MR doesn't advertise the technical performance of the sabre makes me wonder if they are hiding something... buyer beware, etc...

I believe Steve will do a review, and I'll probably do a review of one depending on what's being offered.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That would be most excellent! I can hardly wait!