Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Actually in light of the new B-Wing. I think there should be a new scene with more B-Wing action! They couldn't have a scene with them in the old trilogy because they would "blink" out. Cause they were so flat and all. But with CGI I think a breif B-Wing battle would be great!
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

The more I think about it, the more I dislike the Bail/Palpatine ANH scene the article mentions. Aside from the character counterdevelopment I mentioned before, the logistics don't work. Bail is on Alderaan when it goes boom--that's a given. Alderaan is a few days flight, at least, from Coruscant. So what's supposed to happen here? Bail argues with Palpy and immediately leaves for Alderaan? Given the time frames, when would this happen? Before the opening crawl? Geez.

What's next--a scene added to ROTJ where Han stops on Corellia before rejoining the Alliance?

Han: Well, folks, here we are. I'm sure we can get you a change of clothes, Leia.
    Corran Horn: Uh, Solo, you're wanted in conjunction with a smuggling charge. I need to ask you a few questions.
    Leia: Uh, Han's not a smuggler.
    Corran: Okay, in that case--Mallatobuck never told you what happened to your father!
    Han: She told me you killed him!
    Corran: No. Bib Fortuna is your father!
    Han: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Jar Jar: Dissen veddy veddy bombad!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I LIKE the fact that the Emperor is not in ANH. It's quite enough that they referenced him. The story works so well because the focus is out of the "civilization" of Coruscant and instead it focuses on the edges of the Empire.

As Tarkin says, the governors have direct control - so let Tarkin have it! It is great that HE decided to destroy Alderaan, and not the Emperor. It makes Tarkin more of a criminal evil and less of a stooge.

The point about Vader as his subject is well put. Once Tarkin is dead, the next film shows Vader in a higher position, and it functions better when he is now shown reporting to Palpatine. It becomes less militaristic and more personal, since it deals with the Skywalker lineage.

Bring in Ian to do ESB, but leave him out of ANH ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I'm glad it wasn't my idea or else JediTricks would say "Feh" to me.

I wish they had sorted out the "countdown" display with the death star about to attack in ANH, that one really annoys me.
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    I LIKE the fact that the Emperor is not in ANH. It's quite enough that they referenced him. The story works so well because the focus is out of the "civilization" of Coruscant and instead it focuses on the edges of the Empire.

As Tarkin says, the governors have direct control - so let Tarkin have it! It is great that HE decided to destroy Alderaan, and not the Emperor. It makes Tarkin more of a criminal evil and less of a stooge.

The point about Vader as his subject is well put. Once Tarkin is dead, the next film shows Vader in a higher position, and it functions better when he is now shown reporting to Palpatine. It becomes less militaristic and more personal, since it deals with the Skywalker lineage.

Bring in Ian to do ESB, but leave him out of ANH ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    George must have listened to Caesar.