Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Alien vs. Predator trailer..

I have a 21MB file trailer of the animated feature Alien vs. Predator, which is coming out this summer. If anyone is interested, and your email is capable of receiving a 21MB attachment, email me and I will send it to you.

In the trailer, Predator looks a little like Boba Fett, to me at least.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Re: Alien vs. Predator trailer..

Originally posted by SWAFMAN
    I have a 21MB file trailer of the animated feature Alien vs. Predator, which is coming out this summer. If anyone is interested, and your email is capable of receiving a 21MB attachment, email me and I will send it to you.

In the trailer, Predator looks a little like Boba Fett, to me at least.
    Animated? What the ****? I want a live action movie people! Does anyone know of any websites that have info on this?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I remember that there was supposed to be a movie, i guess thats never going to happen.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

This is the first I've heard of this project actually bearing fruit! It seems like we will get our A vs. P movie, but as an animated rather than live-action flick! Sounds like someone decided to do it on the cheap! Think of the money you save with an animated feature. No need to build sets, make costumes, make-ups, etc. Voice work pays far less than live-action acting gigs. And you can do most of the production on the cheap. No giant film crews standing around all day while the DOP sets up the moody lighting for a darkened corridor filled with Alien warriors which will be added in post through the miracle of CGI.

I don't know if my email will sustain a file of that size, but I'll check as I am quite keen to see how great or awful the finished product may be on the big screen. Any word on a release date other than "summer"?
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

'Bout time!

Now if only Jason vs Freddy will come to fruition. I can't wait to see ol' Voorhees get his arse handed to him by Master Krueger!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

re: release date

JediCole,
    All it says at the end of the trailer is "summer 2002." I tried sending the file as an attachment to your email, but the SSG site doesn't list your addy it just offers to forward an email to you. If you can receive a 22MB file, send me your address c/o jr44772@adelphia.net
    - Swafman
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

try using max compression on winzip and post it here, if you can. you can probly get it down to 10 megs.

"try using max compression..."

the tightest it will compress is still just over 20MB.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

An Alien Vs. Predator live action movie would be really cool to see. Think about how easy the script would be. The Aliens can't talk and neither can the Predators, so no dialogue, all action. Easy enough. As far as cost, who cares? Tons of people would go to see this movie. It would make more than enough to cover the cost of making it. Besides, no huge salaries to pay to A actors. That saves at least 10-25 million right there, unless they decide to get Sigourney Weaver and Arnold Schwartzenegger back, which if they did, the that would make for an awesome movie. We could find out that Schwartzenegger was put into Cryogenic sleep around the beginning of the 21st Century and they have to dethaw him in order to help with the Predators. The new and improved Ripley could help with the Aliens. Think of the possibilities. I should write 20th Century Fox and pitch the idea to them. Anyone agree?
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Good idea, SithDroid, but which would be bigger: the battle between the Aliens and Predators or the battle between Schwartzenegger's and Weaver's egos?