Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Official CIII Guest List!

Jay Laga'aia who playes Captain Typho in Attack of the Clones & Revenge of the Sith has been added to the Guest List and will be the MC for the Convention! He previously hosted a German Star Wars convention and will be doing the same for Celebration III. Good to hear!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Well, I am planning on buying the ROTJ Photobusta set and getting as many OT autographs as possible. I want to get Anthony and Kenny to sign the pic with R2 and C-3PO standing side by side.

I am hoping we get some of the big names from the OT, simply because this will be the last big horah.

I am willing to bet we will see:

Mark Hamil
    Carrie Fisher
    Billy Dee Wiliams
    Anthony Daniels (He is in EP3)
    James Earl Jones (He did do voice work for EP3)
    Peter Mayhew (Again he is in EP3)
    Christopher Lee (Again he's in EP3)
    Ian McDiarmid (EP3)

We can always hope to see Harrison Ford.

I could care less about seeing George, Rick, Natalie or Hayden.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    Jay Laga'aia who playes Captain Typho in Attack of the Clones & Revenge of the Sith has been added to the Guest List and will be the MC for the Convention! He previously hosted a German Star Wars convention and will be doing the same for Celebration III. Good to hear!
    Actually, when I read that this morning, my heart sank for you guys who are actually going. Jay was good on Xena: Warrior Princess, but I felt his turn in AOTC was one of the worst pieces of acting in Star Wars ever (which is really saying something, though I totally blame director Lucas) and that he's nowhere near the Star Wars icon OR celebrity that Anthony Daniels is (again, that last part is saying something ). I hope it all goes well, but I think he was a poor choice for host.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

COOL!!! Ray Park is going to be there!!!!!!!!! He is one I am most certainly interested in meeting and complimenting on his saber wizardry and stellar peformance of one of the greatest SW charachters of all time.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

You know Scruff -- Ray is GREAT. He seems to LOVE the public -- and he LOVES the kids!! Ray likes to see everyone and shake all hands. He really sets a great standard of how someone should act at a convention.

As far as the rest of the guest -- who knows -- maybe they will announce someone RARE. After I posted -- I started thinking~~~

I would really rather meet most of you guys that the start -- we are the ones that share this passion. We are the ones that really makes these things fun and exciting.

With that in mind -- I look forward to seeing all of you and being able to shake all of your hands -- that would be an honor !!!

Till then --
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

I have an Episode I Teaser one sheet (full-sized) that I had signed by Pernilla August, Warwick Davis and Ahmed Best at CI. I hope to take it to CIII to have more Phantom Menace actors sign. And those are NOT easy signatures to get!

I was lucky enough to have Warwick Davis sign my Star Wars Logbook(Chronicle Books) that I take to every Celebration show at the edge of the stage...after his talk. Technically, these guests were not even supposed to sign anything, but most were very gracious. I literally ran into Anthony Daniels(in the rain), as he worked his way from one building to another. I did not want to bother him for a signature, but did shake his hand and thanked him for the great MC job! I missed Pernilla & Ray Park completely. Got Carrie Fisher down in Florida back at one of the SW Weekends shows...was lucky enough to be one of the "200." Thanks to a tip from a fellow fan! My family & I were the last ones to meet Jake Lloyd a year previous, but he didn't sign at all then(perhaps because he was a minor??). I'm sure my wife will run into Rick McCallum at least several times at Starbucks(across from convention ctr.) as in 2002. Rick was nice enough to pose for a picture with my "Jr. jedi" son Tyler, who was in costume.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

A Smaller, Very Unkown Planet in the Uncharted System of Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Actually, when I read that this morning, my heart sank for you guys who are actually going. Jay was good on Xena: Warrior Princess, but I felt his turn in AOTC was one of the worst pieces of acting in Star Wars ever (which is really saying something, though I totally blame director Lucas) and that he's nowhere near the Star Wars icon OR celebrity that Anthony Daniels is (again, that last part is saying something ). I hope it all goes well, but I think he was a poor choice for host.
    i totally agree JT...who was the miracle worker who picked this one and couldn't convince Daniels to do it again? wow! i can tell you i won't be snapping a lot of pictures of that guy on stage...typhos performance was aweful! yikes...

although, this doesn't decrease the anticipation at all...not even a little bit...
    [FONT=Century Gothic]"what happens in Indy, stays in Indy..."
    -tycho [/FONT]

Yeah, the guest list isn't incredible, but I am glad to see....

AMY ALLEN - AALYA SECURA

Can't wait to meet her and get her signature on the Aayla Secura figures (both regulars from AOTC and ROTS, and the unleashed).

I wouldn't mine to get Ewan McGregor's (obi-wan in prequels) signature on some of his figures or a picture. I think he's done a good job in the prequels.

I do hope some better guests get added to the list though.

And personally, I could care less if George showed up or not.

Damn CooLJoe, thats pretty harsh! Meeting George is a once in a lifetime experience.

I have Ewan McGregor's autograph on a great 8X10 from AOTC.