Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Official CIII Guest List!

Peter Mayhew is one of the only "big names" that I see so far. Although I'd love to meet Adm. Motti just to see if his lack of faith is indeed disturbing.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

A Smaller, Very Unkown Planet in the Uncharted System of Oregon

more of the expected people...mayhew, oola, nalini...these are con people...i'll be even more stoked about the big names to come! i'm kinda pumped about sly moore though, she's so etheral looking...
    [FONT=Century Gothic]"what happens in Indy, stays in Indy..."
    -tycho [/FONT]

This list is huge!! AND it is only going to get bigger! While there still aren't any "major draws" I'm excited to be able to get so many autographs from such a vast variety of Star Wars celebrities.

As a sidenote. . . has anyone checked out the website officialpix.com? This is the company in charge of the Celebration III autographs. First off. . . you can buy 8x10s off their site. . . at a ridiculous $8 a photo. This is not the thread to complain about this. . . so I won't Anyway. . . they also have an autograph section (yeah. . . its also pricey.) What caught my eye is that they have auto's of Christopher Lee, and Samuel L. Jackson. Is it possible that they could be under contract with this company? If so. . . that may bode well for us seeing one if not both at Celebration. Just something that struck me as interesting.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Regarding www.officialpix.com and their online store. I've been communicating with them and I've got them to LOWER the price of each photo from $8.99 to $6.99 -which is much better. Photos at CIII will be $5.00 each they say.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Please brace yourselves. Because the following names WILL NOT be attending Celebration III becasue of Scheduling conflicts. Officialpix has assured that if their schedules free up -they will get them for CIII. Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, James Earl Jones, Anthony Daniels, and Christopher Lee.

A Smaller, Very Unkown Planet in the Uncharted System of Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    Please brace yourselves. Because the following names WILL NOT be attending Celebration III becasue of Scheduling conflicts. Officialpix has assured that if their schedules free up -they will get them for CIII. Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, James Earl Jones, Anthony Daniels, and Christopher Lee.
    wow! that's interesting! i can't believe that hamill, fisher and daniels aren't going to be there! hmm...seems like we will be bombarded with background characters instead! oh well...i'm still pumped...
    [FONT=Century Gothic]"what happens in Indy, stays in Indy..."
    -tycho [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    Damn. . . you beat me to it! I just read this as well. I'm a little dissapointed that they weren't able to get one or two of them to do the show. The article does say that if their schedule "open up" that they will try their hardest to get them to join. I thought Hamill and Fisher were "shoe-ins," but I guess I had my hopes too high. I'm still looking forward to the rest of the guests, and they promise to add "many more." I'm still going to hold onto the hope that one, or two will find time in their busy schedules to make it. . . this is supposed to be the Celebration to end all Celebrations, right!?!?!?!

Also. . . boo to them for even letting us know who isn't coming. I know it lets us focus on the actual attendees, but it's nice to be able to hope for certain people. I'm sure this news shut alot of people down.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Hey Jayspawn...I got my first order(6 stills) from OfficialPix today & couldn't be more pleased. The color & print quality exceded my wildest expectations. Most of my SW autographs were on original B&W glossy stills from vintage press kits...almost impossible to get now. It was neat to add some color shots to the mix. I have a great one for Jake Lloyd to sign for my son...but I don't know if he's coming to CIII yet. Shame about Tony Daniels & the rest.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

They just announced Jake Lloyd is appearing on stage at CIII...but no mention of him signing autographs. My son wants his autograph in the worse way. I hope Ben & Phil make it happen!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I dont see Jake's name on the list yet, but I'm sure e wouldnt even be there if he had no intention of signing. I actually have a few things for him to sign.

OfficialPix does offer some great photos dont they. I'm gonna wait till the convention to get mine.