Robert Kearns Is Dead!!

That's right everybody the inventor of the intermittent windshield wiper is dead. You know just the other day I was using my wipers and I wondered, boy, who invented the wiper that moves intermittently. He was a latter day Da Vinci, in the area of intermittent wipers that is.

Feel free to discuss at will.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Re: Robert Kearns Is Dead!!

I heard his condition was on and off towards the end.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

That sunova. . . wouldn't license his invention to Toyota, so I have no intermittent wipers. I have no sympathy for him. He turned to evil long ago.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Sucks to be you Chux. I have I think 7 different speeds AND I also have the mist setting. My car got the hook up dawg!!!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    I heard his condition was on and off towards the end.
    Oh man, that was BAAAAD.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, at least we know any tears that were shed are wiped away
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I swear I'm not making this up, his daughter commented that the misty conditions on the day of his funeral were perfect for intermittent wipers

Look it up, I swear
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

I saw that in the article I got this from Mabs. It's almost as if the heavens were crying.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Was he also responsible for the glasses Elton John wore that had winshield wipers on them? I remember that at my first job, we had a raffle, and there was a pair of sunglasses with wiper blades on them, which I did not win.

BTW, I have intermittent windshield wipers on my car! My son has to remind me to use them.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Although I've never met him, I have an Uncle who is suppossedly a whiz in Detroit, and long ago was the inventor of the "smart stick", I hope he was of some inspiration to Mr. Kearns, and let me just say that when the day comes and my Uncle passes on, I hope he..."cruises" into Heaven!
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]