Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    Continuity question regarding Obi-Wan and Anakin

    If Obi-Wan believes Anakin to be dead when he falls into the lava at the end of ROTS (which he probably will), then how does he know that Anakin is Darth Vader in ANH? More importantly, how is he aware of the existence of Darth Vader? He's been on Tatooine since just after Luke and Leia were born, and he was basically a hermit, keeping away from civilization and news of the Empire's reign. The same goes for Yoda as well. Is it through the Force?
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

  2. #2

    Re: Continuity question regarding Obi-Wan and Anakin

    Very good point. I think the movie is the only one that can tell that. He may learn later after Vader emerges. Maybe he stages that he believes that Anakin is dead for everyone else but hides the truth of what happened.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

  3. #3

    Re: Continuity question regarding Obi-Wan and Anakin

    I would say yes, it must be through the Force. Obi-Wan was Anakin's master, so I am sure there is a connection between them. He probably feels Anakin survive, the same with Yoda.
    May the force be with you.

  4. #4

    Re: Continuity question regarding Obi-Wan and Anakin

    I also have another point to bring up regarding the Prequel trilogy-Original trilogy continuity that also has to do with Episode 3. I just posted it here so I don't have to start up another thread.

    In ANH, why does Leia state in the message that Obi-Wan served her father, Bail Organa, in the Clone Wars?

    Sure, Obi-Wan was friends with Bail and they were almost like brothers in arms during the Clone Wars, but Obi-Wan never served under Bail during the wars. Obi-Wan only served the Jedi Order, and the Republic for a time. What gives? I'll bet Lucas is to blame.....
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

  5. #5

    Re: Continuity question regarding Obi-Wan and Anakin

    Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous
    In ANH, why does Leia state in the message that Obi-Wan served her father, Bail Organa, in the Clone Wars?
    Perhaps Bail could've been one of the leaders of the Republic in it's very last days and if Obi-Wan is a Gen. then he would therefore technically have served under Bail. From a certain point of view.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

  6. #6

    Re: Continuity question regarding Obi-Wan and Anakin

    Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous
    I also have another point to bring up regarding the Prequel trilogy-Original trilogy continuity that also has to do with Episode 3. I just posted it here so I don't have to start up another thread.

    In ANH, why does Leia state in the message that Obi-Wan served her father, Bail Organa, in the Clone Wars?

    Sure, Obi-Wan was friends with Bail and they were almost like brothers in arms during the Clone Wars, but Obi-Wan never served under Bail during the wars. Obi-Wan only served the Jedi Order, and the Republic for a time. What gives? I'll bet Lucas is to blame.....
    Obi-Wan worked for, or served, the Republic during the Clone Wars, and Bail Organa was a leading Republic senator. So yes, he did serve him. However in ROTS they spend more time together, when Padmé gives birth to the twins (as seen in the pics) and likey beforehand.

  7. #7

    Re: Continuity question regarding Obi-Wan and Anakin

    Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous
    If Obi-Wan believes Anakin to be dead when he falls into the lava at the end of ROTS (which he probably will), then how does he know that Anakin is Darth Vader in ANH? More importantly, how is he aware of the existence of Darth Vader? He's been on Tatooine since just after Luke and Leia were born, and he was basically a hermit, keeping away from civilization and news of the Empire's reign. The same goes for Yoda as well. Is it through the Force?

    I believe Anakin becomes Darth Vader before the end of the movie. Like Dooku, and Maul, he becomesa Darth and chose the name Vader. S otechnically,he knew he was Darth Vader beforehand....
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

  8. #8

    Re: Continuity question regarding Obi-Wan and Anakin

    I think KH's theory makes sense. But I don't know if Anakin will reveal himself as Vader to Obi-Wan.

    I also have one final question;

    Why is it that when Obi and Vader fight in ANH, Obi-Wan doesn't call him Anakin? Wouldn't Obi-Wan call him by the name he knew him better as instead of calling him by his Sith alias? I can imagine it now:

    "The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

    "Only a master of evil, Anakin."

    "That name no longer has any meaning for me!"

    Did GL just intentionally leave Anakin's name out until ROTJ? If so, why? It's not like he'd spoil anything by revealing only his first name. He would have left out his last name for obvious reasons.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

  9. #9

    Re: Continuity question regarding Obi-Wan and Anakin

    You just hit on a continuity error that many have asked before.

    I tend to let it slide because of the way Obi-Wan calls him Darth.

    "Only a master of evil Darth.

    I prefer to think of it as Obi-Wan twisting the knife so to speak. He addresses him using the Sith title.

    Remember what Yoda says about the Darkside "Quicker, easier more seductive".

    From that frame of refrence it can be infered that Obi-Wan is down playing Anakins mastery of the force.
    May the force be with you.

  10. #10

    Re: Continuity question regarding Obi-Wan and Anakin

    Quote Originally Posted by General_Grievous
    Why is it that when Obi and Vader fight in ANH, Obi-Wan doesn't call him Anakin? Wouldn't Obi-Wan call him by the name he knew him better as instead of calling him by his Sith alias? I can imagine it now:
    I don't think he called him Anakin because in Obi-Wan's eyes he wasn't REALLY Anakin, he was indeed Darth Vader the master of evil and not the friend Anakin supposedly became in the prequels. I've come to realize that in these movies Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker are considered 2 completely different people up until he is revealed in ROTJ. So if you think of it like that it may clear some things up.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO