Unhappy What did you have to sacrifice?

Didn't Elton John have a song called "I Am Pain"? Perhaps that's how many of us feel when we ponder our past in the realm of SW collectibles. (which, at that moment in time, they may have simply been "toys" or "fun things" or whatever, rather than "to retire in Barbados" or "send kids to medical school" plans ). Did you dump your whole collection for virtually nill? Did you lose them somehow (please go easy on mom)? What else "got in the way" of Star Wars toys?

Personally, I kept most of my SW stuff. However, I did trade away almost all my GI Joe stuff for SW. For example, I seem to recall that I gave my Joe Jeep for a SW Han, Death Star Droid, and a gun or two. Or two figures for a blue Luke Jedi saber. Shocking...

I also began comic book collecting then. It quickly became about a $50 a week addiction for about 4-5 years. Anyone wanna buy a bunch of small press B&W comics in mint condition? Or those DC and Marvel runs of millions in print?

Your painful memories?

(p.s. This post number started it all for me, WAY back when. And it's 4 away from when SW did the same for us all.)
    "That's what Sheev said."

Re: What did you have to sacrifice?

I traded my original slave 1 for a busted Wheeljack, dunno why...
    And for some reason, I sold my vintage 21-B for 4 dollars in 1985... and he was mint, with that little "probe" thing and everything.....
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

I still have all of my vintage collection and most of my other childhood toys. (How can you sell those great metal Tonka trucks?) I've never lost interest in Star Wars so I couldn't think of parting with anything. With the playwear some of my early stuff has I just never considered it to be worth anything anyway.

Star Wars was out of production by the time I got into high school. Also by that time I was losing interest in GI Joe and comic collecting was too expensive. So by the time I got my license and first car my money went towards stereos, music, clothes, and social life.

By the time I began to notice the toys again I had already graduated from college and was working full time. Kind of fortuitious I guess.

I have about 90% of my vintage stuff. The only thing I regret is not buying the POTF when I saw them for 1 dollar apiece at Odd-Lot.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten