Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

C3 UCS Star Destroyer Contest

Hey SirSteve or JT - Is it possible for a team from SSG to compete in this contest? I read about it at RS. If so, I'd like to be on it!!

There will be a special Celebration III contest for media. LEGO is looking for teams to compete for a chance to prove who has the best LEGO builders! Teams of 10 members will compete in a race against the clock and each other in building the Ultimate Star Destroyer. Who can build it the fastest? With over 3,000 pieces, this could prove to be quite a challenge!

All team members will recieve a t-shirt with either a Jedi or Sith design. All teams will compete against each other until there is a single Jedi team and a single Sith team. Then, a true "Jedi Vs. Sith" battle will commence, with the winning team not only bringing balance to the Force, but taking home some cool exclusive prizes! Each member of the winning team will win a Darth Vader medallion, limited to 10 in the world! Plus, the team will win a special one-of-a-kind Darth Vader statue, although splitting it up among team members will be up to them. Each team will receive a free Star Destroyer set to practice on before the show, in order to perfect their skills. Stay tuned for more news on this.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Re: C3 UCS Star Destroyer Contest

sounds cool-would be fun to watch-although if they wanted to do a lil promotional work, they should have the teams build they DS 2 set.
    [font=Fixedsys][]V[][/font][font=Fixedsys]oul[]V[]an[/font]

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=18202513

This sounds about as fun to watch as Magic the Gathering tournaments on ESPN 8 "The Ocho".
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    This sounds about as fun to watch as Magic the Gathering tournaments on ESPN 8 "The Ocho".

ROFLMAO

Who all would be interested in being on the "SSG Team"?
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

What day is the contest on? I myself am only going on Friday, despite living right outside indy
    Last edited by moulman; 03-01-2005 at 03:28 PM.

forget this post-event is on saturday...
    Last edited by moulman; 03-01-2005 at 05:44 PM.

I'd most certainly be interested.
    Move along, move along

I might be interested. I would like to see more details. It took me around 6 hours to build mine. Even with 10 it would take a bit and I would hate to miss out other events because I was build the star destroyer for the 5th time.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Ok, we have the opportunity to set this up, we would need builders for Friday and Saturday (though if you can only make it one day, you could be an alternate). However, first we need to be sure if there is enough interest to start a team, and we have to know for sure before the end of the weekend, so if you are seriously interested in creating an SSG team and building this set, please post here and let me know by the end of this Sunday.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.