Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Your Holy Grail............

Maybe this has been posted, I dunno.

Whats your prized piece of vintage memorabilia?

Ill go first, although they arent really that great-

Blue Snaggletooth and my Zuckuss cardback with Mail Away Admiral Ackbar from Revenge of the Jedi.

Who's next, I cant wait to here these!!
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Re: Your Holy Grail............

Within the last months I've gotten into collecting vintage carded figures and I'm just gonna have to go with the first one that I bought and that was an ROTJ carded Rebel Commando. The bubble was slightly yellow but all in all it looks pretty good.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I would say my Ewok Village or Jabba the Hutt playset. Also alot of complete loose vintage figures in C8 + condition...
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Well my favorite items in my Vintage collection would probably come from my small collection of unpunched, C-9 grade or better carded figures. My personal favorite would be my Imperial Stormtrooper in Hoth Battle Gear on ESB card but my Death Squad Commander on a 12-back SW card is worth the most.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I've got some glossy paper inserts advertising 'Revenge of the Jedi' that Kenner included with some of the toys. Plus I have a ton of mini-catalogs from that era. My POTF and DROIDS figures and vehicles, although loose, are still in like-new condition.

I also have Ralph McQuarrie concept art portfolios for Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back. They are mass-produced reproductions but I've always liked them.

Post Re: Your Holy Grail............

Well, it's always hard to choose, but here are some of my grails:

= Greedo (my second ever SW figure, he's so loose [ "how loose is he?" ] that he moves even when laying down in a carry case )

= Blue Snaggs (got him in '87 for $4 [yes]; it rekindled my SW collecting)

= Snowspeeder (possibly my favorite vehicle I ever got)

= Vader carry case (covered with SW stickers, figure labels, and newspaper pictures)

All of these are "loved," i.e. well-played with and in decent/poor condition, and original purchases from "back in the day," except Blue Snaggs. But in terms of value, probably my carded Luke Trooper or Amanaman or A-Wing Pilot would net the most cash.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I just bought my first carded vintage figure, Han Bespin ESB card. The item with the most sentimental value though is my ESB lunchbox (light blue version with movie photos) I have many memories tied in with that box.

Sy Snootles lip synchs

Wow, its awesome to read these, with so much sentiment. Ive read things like this on other sites and everyone bases things by how much they paid for it and whatnot. This is great.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

My holy grail consists of all 12 of the original 12 back carded figures MOMC.

My aunt bought them for me when I was a kid and decided to save them for when I got a little older. Well, luckily for me, she forgot about them, put them in her attic and found them again in 1991. She took some pictures of them and gave those to me for my birthday and told me that they were going to be my inheritance. I finally convinced her to give the figures to me in 1995 and that was the beginning of the end of my Star Wars collecting obsession as an adult. I'm still in disbelief as to what she did and how fortunate I am!

I remember walking into a Walgreens back in 97 and picking up this odd looking Tie fighter for around 10 bucks. I tried to remember if I had seen it in one of the Star Wars movies. I thought it was the coolest looking Star Wars ship I had ever seen. Got it home and opened it up right away for display. It was an Action Fleet Tie Defender. I originally bought it for the cool factor. They sure went up in price since then. Never found another one. It's still my favorite Star Wars item.