View Poll Results: Are you saving up for Midnight Madness?

Voters
300. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm actively saving up for it

125 41.67%
  • No, I'll just play it by ear

122 40.67%
  • I'm avoiding Midnight Madness altogether

53 17.67%

Hybrid View

Are you saving up for Midnight Madness?

With the official release date of Episode III toys only a month away (April 2nd) and news of 40 different figures, half a dozen vehicles, 9 Lego sets, and much much more being available on that first day alone, there is no question that there are a lot of Revenge of the Sith products to be had -- and that's not even taking into account the cost of the Star Wars Celebration III convention later that month. But with just a rough estimate, collectors who want everything are staring down the barrel of a $500 minimum receipt - certainly not a pricetag to sneeze at, even with reports of some of the Ep III basic figures already being leaked out early. So how are collectors going to deal with it, are you saving your pennies now, not planning for your Star Wars future and going to hope your card doesn't max out, or just going to avoid Midnight Madness altogether and wait for possible sales and clearances?

Re: Are you saving up for Midnight Madness?

"No, I'll just play it by ear."

I'll probably wander out and pick up a few things, but I'm not going to freak-out and buy everything at once. Might be nice to draw this one out a bit, since we're never going to be doing this whole movie/toy release thing again.
    plasticfetish.net

Skipping it altogether

I will wait for the sales. It happens every time. I'll wait and get what they charge $6-8/figure at MM for $2-4 later this year. Patience=$ in my pocket. I'll take what I get on the cheap.

yes, i am saving some, i like to get my carded set asap, then look for bargains for my loose set.
    later

Yes, saving some money and working OT for it
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I voted saving money but it's more like I have enough money and I'm trying not to spend it on stupid adventures before April 2nd.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I'll be playing it by ear. Last time around I found fig's early, maybe I will again. If not, that's OK. I primarily want to get the 12" ASAP as distribution and production levels seem kind of iffy (last July I found Garindin in TN. Didn't see anything else from that line since, until about a month ago Jawa's and Garindin started showing up here in DE at TRU. No Yoda or Scout Trooper though).

At C1 I went to TRU for MM and wasn't able to get a 12" Maul. The next morning at Target I watched a guy pick the last one off the shelf. I wasn't worried 'cause I could get one at home. Never saw him again, still don't have him.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I'll be playing it by ear. I'm having a difficult time accepting an increase of $2 per figure. Although, it is not a financial hardship, the increase cannot be justified, and I think this will seriously impact sales to the casual collector and definitely the family that actually opens and plays with the figures. Hasbro, go down the toy aisles and compare the products available for the same price. At $4.99 I'd buy them all! At $6.99 I feel I will be eating alot of plastic in a few years. Remember the $80 Princess Leia's.

Red face Re: Are you saving up for Midnight Madness?

[font=Comic Sans MS]I went shopping early the next morning last time and wound up getting some of the "rare" 3 3/4" figures, with inserts, etc. This time, though, I want to be in line at midnight. Hey, folks, this is the LAST Star Wars movie--and the last of the great hoopla surrounding it. I, for one, don't want to miss one minute of it.[/font]