Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Star Wars Chronicles

I need some information from people who have this book, "Star Wars Chronicles" by Deborah Fine. I dont have it yet and its caught my attention because of the upcoming book, Star Wars Chronicles The Prequels.

Whats this book like? I notice its fetches a hefty price on EBay. Does is specifically cover the Lucasfilm Archives? How detailed is it? Is it worth hunting down?

Thx!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Re: Star Wars Chronicles

I'll have to check my book collection when I get home from work tonight. I think I picked it up on eBay, but the one I got was damaged if it's the same book you are talking about.

More later (like when I get home)
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

The Star Wars Chronicles book is a huge book with hundreds of high resolution photos of props, models, concept drawings, character archives, planets, the making of our favorite 3 OT films, and how they made all the FX stuff. I mean if there's ONE book that should be in your collection, it should be Deborah Fine's Star Wars Chronicles.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Thanks for the rundown Turbowars. Well worth the price I take it?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Yeah it's worth it. I don't recall the exact amount, but I think it cost me like $150 at retail. I might be wrong. If anything it was less. There's 2 editions, One has a button and the other has velco to hold the cover flap closed. The metal button version causes a dent in the book, so the Velco it the better bet if you have the choice.
    (Like my posts)

Yeah, I have the one with the metal button. I won it for around $75 on eBay. However I had a hell of a time trying to get the seller to send it to me, and when I got it, the outer case was damaged including the clasp. It has a retail price of $150. I do like it, but find the $150 price tag a bit hard to swallow for a book, but if I had some extra spending cash I would say it is worth it.

This is more of a "Comics & Books" question.

Star Wars Chronicles is well worth the price, and your mention of an upcoming "Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels" makes me a very, very happy person.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    Yeah, I have the one with the metal button. I won it for around $75 on eBay. However I had a hell of a time trying to get the seller to send it to me, and when I got it, the outer case was damaged including the clasp. It has a retail price of $150. I do like it, but find the $150 price tag a bit hard to swallow for a book, but if I had some extra spending cash I would say it is worth it.
    Hey I think I remember you having that problem with the seller. At least you got it in the end.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    Hey I think I remember you having that problem with the seller. At least you got it in the end.

Yes, but when I reported to her that it arrived damaged, the seller said that they would let me keep the one I had, and send me a new replacement. After several months and many e-mails to this seller, they said they never got the book back, and when I copied from the e-mail what they had told me about keeping the damaged copy, they sent me a nasty reply about how expensive it would be to do that, so I finally gave up on the issue. At least the information in R2 is still intact.

Now that part I forgot. I hope you left some nasty feedback. To some sellers, negitive feedback mean nothing, but hopefully they cared.
    (Like my posts)