Weekly Review: Tusken Raider

I keep forgetting to post this, it sucks having a full load this semester. This weeks figure is the Tusken Raider. First called Sand People and released in 1978 the Tusken Raider was available until 1985. Originally on a 12 back card the Tusken Raider can be found on most card back types, with the exception of the POTF card. The name change took place in the ROTJ line along with the major variation. The cheek tubes were hollow on some ROTJ figures, where most had solid cheek tubes.

One of the more interesting figures, there are a number of things I really like about this figure. For once both hands can be used, they may be at a weird angel but both grip. The head has pretty good details. The vinyl cape flat out doesn't work there. I don't like them and it looks bad on this figure, not a good combo. The body is ok but not great.

One of earliest figures used the Tusken Raider to beat the tar out of a lot of my other figures. I didn't play a lot with this figure though. Most of the paint wear comes from the age rather than play. For some reason I never was too in this figure as a kid, but like it better as an adult.
    Last edited by LusiferSam; 03-03-2005 at 06:33 PM.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Re: Weekly Review: Tusken Radier

Yes a great figure. I too loved the fact that he gripped the Gaffi Stick with both hands. He too, beat alot of the others down with that stick. I had three of them, so I had a small army. I loved the sculpt of this figure and I thought the vinyl cape was ok. He never got intoany vehicles so it never hindered the play action on him.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: Weekly Review: Tusken Radier

The way that the figure could hold the gaffi stick was very unique for Star Wars figures. That made this figure pretty cool. The vinyl cape was weird and I honestly thought that the figure worked just as well or better without it all together.

I do wish there was a way for them to hold blaster better. You could put it in the hand but it was sideways. In today's standards that's cool though.

Re: Weekly Review: Tusken Raider

I'm not certain, but this might have been my first SW item damaged. My friend and I were playing in his back yeard, and he had a dog. We went inside to get something to eat or whatever, leaving the toys where we'd left them, and we came out to find the dog gnawing on the figure (head was gone, legs had teethmarks).

I was never a fan of SP/TR, possibly because I always thought "Sand Person" was more correct a term. I think one of my friends' figures broke a thumb, so his gaffi-holding-action was moot.

p.s. This is my 1977th post.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Re: Weekly Review: Tusken Raider

I don't remember if it was on purpose or a result of carelessness, but I never kept my figures capes/cloaks on for very long. In the case of the Tusken Raider, he works better without it IMO. In fact, maybe he and Obi-Wan should have switched capes. It would have given each a spalsh of color
    Last edited by Fluke Skywalker; 03-05-2005 at 10:12 PM.

Sy Snootles lip synchs