Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Finding ROTS toys before MM

We all know the new ROTS toys are supposed to be held by retailers until Midnight Madness on April 2nd but there have been a lot of reports of people finding things on the shelves early. So I figured it made sense to start a dedicated thread outside the "Just Found" area of the forums listing what people have found early and where. If you've already posted your finds in another thread feel free to post them again here and maybe some of us can benefit from this info and pick up an item here or there giving us one less thing to worry about obtaining come April 2nd.

I'll start off with this. . . Target in my area seems to be jumping the gun on some of the ROTS vehicles. I found Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter, General Grievous' Wheel Bike and the Droid Tri-Fighter in multiple stores in the past 2 days. In addition the ROTS Galactic Heroes line has popped up as well which includes Emperor Palpatine/Yoda, Anakin Skywalker/Count Dooku and Obi-Wan/General Grievous.

I personally was going to wait on purchasing the vehicles so I could devote more of my money to the basic figure line but I just couldn't pass this stuff up and since it hit about a month early I found a way to justify it. The only item I didn't pick up was Grievous' Wheel Bike. I may get it at some point down the road but the design was a bit goofy for my taste.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Re: Finding ROTS toys before MM

Even if I find them before hand, I wanna wait until MM because it will mean more.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I'm actually hoping that everyone else in my area finds stuff before me, then I'll be the only one at MM and will have a chance to pick and choose figures and not just make a mad dash for my life. In my dreams.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

If I see them,I might buy a few depending on what I find. Getting a jump on clones might be cool, or finding Vader or Grievous.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I found and bought the Wheel Bike, and Galactic Heroes assortment at Target today.

The wheel bike itself is pretty cool, but the pack in Grievous figure blows. It looks and feels more like a cheap bootleg to me, and the head sculpt is horrible. I think it has some good play value. If I were younger, I would probably be wheeling this thing all over the house right now!

Here's some loose pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greivous wheel bike loose.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	10374   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greivous wheel bike loose2.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	10375  

Interesting. It does look kind of cool. I don't understand how it works. Does it walk and roll or does it just Rock and Roll?

Man your tank is clean as a whistle!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

It's got a fin coming out of the back that acts like a handle. You fold up the legs, and push it around with the handle. The wheels are very smooth, they have a nice spin to 'em. It also has a missle that launches out of the side gun.

The downside is the seat and controls - they're made of the soft, rubbery stuff. It's fairly dificult to get the figure in there, and make him hold the controls.

It definitely rolls, but since the figure is so cheezy I'd say it just barely rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    Man your tank is clean as a whistle!
    Thanks bro! You can't see 'em all, but my cichlids are out-growing the tank. If only I had room for a nice huge tank in this little apartment...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    I'll start off with this. . . Target in my area seems to be jumping the gun on some of the ROTS vehicles. I found Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter, General Grievous' Wheel Bike and the Droid Tri-Fighter in multiple stores in the past 2 days. In addition the ROTS Galactic Heroes line has popped up as well which includes Emperor Palpatine/Yoda, Anakin Skywalker/Count Dooku and Obi-Wan/General Grievous.
    That's what I found too. I didn't see General Grievous' Wheel Bike. But the Droid Tri-Fighter and Obi-Wan's Starfighter were there. I bought the starfighter. I also saw the ROTS Galactic Heroes, it looked like they had just put them out.

Sounds like Targets everywhere are putting out the GH and vehicles. I just wish they'd fill some of those empty pegs with some new figures too.

Not sure if anybody else has noticed this but at one of the Targets around here the Sneak Preview and Unleashed were on clearance already. Maybe they're trying to clear space for the new toys but since the pegs were pretty bare I thought that was a bit strange.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

This happened in 2002 also. My friend found a set of collection 1 at Wal Mart. I am going to hunt tonight to see if I may get lucky.