Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What If In ROTJ...?

I forgot to add...after Darth Vader had thrown Palpatine down the shaft in the Death Star, Vader rose up and told Luke to join him as his Sith apprentice since the Emperor was dead?

That would have been a very interesting twist in that Darth Vader's love for his son was his motivation to become the next Sith master.

Luke may have been Vader's prisoner as he was still hurt from the Force Lightning.

Obi-Wan and Yoda's ghosts would have contacted Leia and told her that she has to train to become a Jedi as back-up. Or maybe their ghosts could have appeared to Luke and Vader.

Episode 7 would have been a continuation from ROTJ--the Empire is in disarray and we see the Imperial Dignitaries and Darth Vader ruling the remaining factions of the Empire. The galaxy is quite large so there would have had to be another Imperial fleet out there and other worlds to explore.
    Perhaps Luke would join the Darkside just to defeat it and Vader.
    Last edited by Von-El; 03-03-2005 at 05:30 PM.

Re: What If In ROTJ...?

That would've been a better premise for Star Wars Infinities: Return of the Jedi than what Dark Horse came up with.

I don't know that it would've gone down that way unless Luke did the killing. Otherwise, he hasn't turned to the Dark Side. Vader dropping the Emperor down the shaft at the expense of his own life is a selfless act for another, and consequently not of the Dark Side.

And what of Mara Jade?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

"Once you start down the darkpath, forever will it dominate your destiny."

Luke DID start down the darkpath therefore he IS doomed to follow in his father's footsteps whether Vader lives or not. The Post-quels could easily play out showing how Luke, believing himself to be on the side of right, takes the quick and easy path toward restoring the Republic. But he inadvertantly becomes just as bad as Anakin was without realizing it. The only person who can possibly SAVE Luke from himself is LEIA and it takes an act of martyrdom on her part to wake Luke up from his self-delusional self-righteousness. As he strikes her down, he realizes how far he's gone down the dark path and then joins his sister in death to end the cycle.

There IS only one true way for the Saga to play out. All the rest are just EU.

Well, I think they would have been dead ten minutes later as Lando blew the DS2 up anyway....
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Well, I think they would have been dead ten minutes later as Lando blew the DS2 up anyway....

Excellent observation!
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    That would've been a better premise for Star Wars Infinities: Return of the Jedi than what Dark Horse came up with.
    Instead we got a permanently blinded Han Solo and Vader in ultra-cliche'd white armor.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    "Once you start down the darkpath, forever will it dominate your destiny."
    Unless, of course, your name is Anakin Skywalker and you prove that theory of Yoda wrong by returning from the Dark Side and saving the life of your son.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Wedge helped. Give credit where credit is due. Anyway, wasn't Vader close to death after he whacked Palps? That would've been the shortest Master/Apprentice relationship in history (not that either of them would've survived Lando AND Wedges COMBINED attack anyway! )
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

good point Capt. Solo, that poses a new question:

What if in ROTJ Lando and Wedge became the new Sith Lord team to replace Palps and Vader ?

I bet it's Lobot who helps turn Lando back from the Dark Side in the Sequel Trilogy . . .

And Lando Dee Williams could've gotten a SW/Blaxploitation spinoff titled "The DARKside". That woulda been great.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.