Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: War songs

Re: War songs

I have had a hard time coming up with something that rhymes with "al Zaqwari" other than "I love Atari" or "I wanna go on safari"
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000
    I have had a hard time coming up with something that rhymes with "al Zaqwari" other than "I love Atari" or "I wanna go on safari"
    How 'bout, "for Bush, the war is just another par....ty."

Yes, "War Pigs" was a good one, as well as "Hand of Doom" from the same album.

I just realized how funny it is that a band called War did a song called "Why Can't We Be Friends". Of course, I liked "Low Rider" and "Cisco Kid" much better. However, these are not the kind of War songs we are talking about.

On Sleater-Kinney's last album One Beat, they had a song about 9/11 called "Far Away". They also had a song called "Combat Rock". I'd not really paid attention to the lyrics but I was just reading them now and the following line could be the title of this thread:

"Where is the questioning where is the protest song?".

Maybe Rage Against the Machine needs to get back together.

Quote Originally Posted by posty333
    Maybe Rage Against the Machine needs to get back together.
    Not really. Zach's solo stuff (at least what I've heard) sucks hard, but Morello has done some great stuff under the name Nightwatchman. (The only commercially-released tracks by him under that name are on Music That Inspired Fahrenheit 9-11 and Axis of Justice: Volume I.) And of course there's Audioslave, who have no problems questioning authority and rocking hard.

Let Zach stay in the quagmire he created.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Wilco's "War on War" hasn't been mentioned yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    How about War Pigs? Good "War" song
    how about "Battle Hymn" - Manowar

great war song \m/
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

"Sullivan" by Caroline Spine is one of my favorite war songs.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Well, if we're gonna move this into an all out best war songs thread I'd like to nominate "Sink the Bismarck" by Johnny Horton. Great, great war song.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    "Sullivan" by Caroline Spine is one of my favorite war songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    Well, if we're gonna move this into an all out best war songs thread I'd like to nominate "Sink the Bismarck" by Johnny Horton. Great, great war song.
    Hafta agree with both of those.

The new System of a Down single "B.Y.O.B. (Bring Your Own Bombs)" is very obviously about our current "war". Here's the lyrics for those interested.
    http://www.lyred.com/lyrics/System+O...+Own+Bombs%29/
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

While I wouldn't consider it great (or even good) "Seven Nation Army" by the White Stripes was pretty popular a little while ago.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!