Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What did you buy at MM in 1999?

I didn't go to MM in May 1999, I went to buy my figures on the day of May 3 with my mom and dad. But I found everything there that I wanted. I got:

Basic Figures
    Darth Maul (I was lucky to score this baby)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Jar Jar Binks
    Anakin Skywalker
    Battle Droid
    Padme Naberrie
    Queen Amidala
    Mace Windu
    Watto
    C-3PO
    Darth Sidious
    Boss Nass
    Senator Palpatine
    Ki-Adi Mundi
    Ric Olie
    Gasgano w/ Pit Droid
    Chancellor Valorum

That did it for May 3. But about a few weeks later, I also accumulated:

The Naboo Fighter
    Anakin's Podracer
    Sebulba's Podracer
    Droid Starfighter 3-pack

What did you guys buy?
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Re: What did you buy at MM in 1999?

I bought a ton of figures that night:

Qui-Gon
    Anakin
    Obi-Wan
    Darth Maul
    Mace Windu
    Padme
    Queen Amadala
    Ric Olie
    3PO
    Valloirum
    Palpantine
    JJB.
    Battle Droids

The onlyone I remember passing on was Ki-Adi. I ended up getting him at a scalper shop(collectable place) for 20 bucks. And wouldnt you know, two weeks later he was everywhere.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I really don't remember what I got that night because I unfortunately wasn't able to go. But my brother went for me and I gave him $200 and told him to get as much as possible. I remember him waking me at about 1 in the morning to show me "my" finds. The only one that I remember not getting was Darth Maul and that's because my brother had him but let someone else buy him instead.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Didn't go to Episode I MM but that afternoon I hit Wal-Mart and TRU and bought all figures but Darth Maul. But I stopped at K-Mart afterward and found him so it wasn't a big deal. I also bought a CommTech Reader.

I did buy the deluxe accessory sets but wasn't too impressed with those after opening them. Also bought those "battle bags" but later returned them. I passed on the vehicles and beasts, but eventually bought some of them on clearance several months later.

Since I wasn't too enthused about the movie I was mostly apathetic about collecting the toys. I have a lot of holes in my prequel collection but I'm not really interested in filling them even today.

I also forgot to mention that I picked up the Opee and the Kaadu on May 3 as well.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I bought Darth Maul and an armload of Battle Droids. Those are the only carded Ep1 figures I own to this day.
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

I bought nothing.

But eventually I found every basic carded figure from the line. My EP1 carded collection is now complete, minus a few "variations" but I could care less about those.

I kinda wish I had the money to complete my bonus figure EP1 collection. I currently have several of the "Bonus Battle Droid" and a few of the "Bonus Pit Droid" figures carded. I would still have to drop a bundle to complete that collection. It's just not worth it to me, given my level of income.
    May the force be with you.

I bought everything that came out at the first Midnight Madness for the 3 and 3/4 line.

In 2002, the day after Midnight Madness, I bought: Peasant Disguise Anakin, Arena Padme, Coruscant Chase Obi-wan, Jango Fett, Boba Fett, C-3P0, R2-D2, and female Tusken Raider. A couple days after that I bought Hangar Duel Anakin, Count Dooku, and Yoda. There are still some Episode II figures I don't have and I never bought any of the vehicles. In other words, I scaled WAY back.

I forgot I also bought an Opee w/ Qui-gon and a 12" Amidala(no idea why I bought it). It was midnight and I was 100 sheets tothe wind....
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Even though I was collecting SW toys at the time I didn't go to MM back in 1999. Eventually I did pick up all of the figures I wanted for my loose collection and a complete carded set to cover my walls though. Looking back I'm glad I didn't go because I probably would've bought into the hype and spent way to much money on what I feel was one of the weaker SW toy runs.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”