Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Movies that you used to like but now don't as much or at all?

In all of this talk about under/over hyped movies how about a topic concerning movies that you used to like but now don't as much or at all?

Here are some of mine:

Time Bandits - saw this again a few months back and it's aweful. Used to like it as a kid but now it's just a bad British-made movie. Ending was alway bad but is even worse now.

Battlestar Galactica - still a decent film but I used to love this thing. Now it's pretty cheesy.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High - this was funnier when it came out. Now it's just not funny. Spicoli is the only good thing about this movie.

Re: Movies that you used to like but now don't as much or at all?

Ice Pirates - as a kid it seemed like a good movie
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Nightmare on Elm STreet 2: As a youngling i thought it was better than the original. Now I think it just sucks....
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Return of the Jedi.

As a kid I thought it was the best Star Wars movie of all time. Now that I am older Empire has replaced it as my favorite Star Wars film. Jedi is now #2.
    May the force be with you.

Three words: The Phantom Menace.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I second the ROTJ and TPM notions. In fact, when I first saw TPM back in '99, I thought it was better than the OT! Thankfully, I came to my senses. But I still like both movies.

Mine are:

Jurassic Park III
    When I first saw this, I liked it a lot, but after a recent viewing, I hated it.

Independence Day
    Ditto.

Godzilla (1998)
    Ditto.

The Mummy and The Mummy Returns
    Ditto and Ditto.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by vader121
    Fast Times at Ridgemont High - this was funnier when it came out. Now it's just not funny. Spicoli is the only good thing about this movie.
    Come on now, it's not the ONLY good thing . . . let us not forget Mrs. Kevin Kline's (Phoebe Cates) pool scene.

KH, I won't even comment on your NOES2 remark, how you could prefer that at any age is beyond me.

I think one of the keys to this topic is that we were younger at the time we liked the movies (and also that special effects keep getting better, which makes old movies outdated). Along the same lines as Time Bandits, I bought The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth for my son, and almost couldn't watch them. But, I also have a problem watching old sitcom series that I loved at the time. I can't watch a rerun of Happy Days, Cheers & others. I'm not saying they are bad, it's just that I can't seem to get interested in watching them again.

No snickering, but at one time I thought Police Academy 3 was the funniest movie ever made. Now I'll never get elected as President.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I'm not sure how many people will even remember this movie but as a kid I thought Condorman was pretty cool. Looking back I realize just how bad a movie it actually was but I still think those bad guys driving Porsches looked freakin cool.

As far as recent movies go I kind of enjoyed Alien vs Predator in the theater but after viewing it again on DVD I couldn't look past it's glaring flaws and inconsistencies with the 6 other Alien and Predator movies.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now dont take this the wrong way but I think youve been holding out on us.

Joker: I dont keep count. Im going to kill everyone in this room.