Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ROTS figures really - I MEAN IMPOSSIBLY - cannot fit in the vehicles!

Anakin's starfighter:

Anakin # 2 - NO - needs bending knees
    Anakin #28 - NO - needs bending knees

Obi-Wan's starfighter:

Obi-Wan # 1- NO - needs bending knees (pilot figure due out by when? #56)
    Obi-Wan # 27 - fits, because of the bending Jedi Kick knee (cool action feature btw), but he doesn't fit comfortably and they are making an Obi-Wan pilot.

They should have made Anakin do the Jedi Kick if it HAD to be one of them - since an Obi-Wan pilot was planned.

Anyway, without his Jedi robe on, Obi-Wan still looks wrong in the Jedi Starfighter cockpit. But you could fix that with an E1 Acc. Robe if you can't wait until figure 56 comes out.

Still...everything else about the ROTS line is better than any toy release we've had thus far. Why does it always have to come down to this? Zam and Anakin's Coruscant speeders anyone?

Are we learning anything?

Re: ROTS figures really - I MEAN IMPOSSIBLY - cannot fit in the vehicles!

Tycho,

I have never understood why any type of vehicle would be released without a pilot/figure. Some do have one, and it makes sense. But, if Hasbro is always so worried about what the kids want, why would they think a kid doesn't want a figure to go with his vehicle (especially if it is a first purchase and they don't have something to substitute).

Quote Originally Posted by Warryyr
    Tycho,

I have never understood why any type of vehicle would be released without a pilot/figure. Some do have one, and it makes sense. But, if Hasbro is always so worried about what the kids want, why would they think a kid doesn't want a figure to go with his vehicle (especially if it is a first purchase and they don't have something to substitute).
    My son typically uses GI Joes to pilot his Star Wars Ships

If you take deluxe anakin, he fits nicely...:-P

Also in addition, the quickdraw clonesfit fine in the ARC170
    "Im writing this about you and me, so atleast we're on the same page"

Maybe if had an extra nightclub Obi-Wan and Clone Wars Anakin (live-action style) you could take the pilot headset and put it on Obi- he has bending knees. Just needs a slight shave on the beard.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Anakin (2) and Obi-Wan (1) fit just fine with absolutely no cramming! They don't need bending knees when they've got articulated hips! I -just- took my Obi-Wan out of his fighter actually. Snap on the saberless hands, adjust their legs to a seated position, and put them on in!

I've done that and got my figures in their fighters now. But they still are not seated like a normal human being not trying to get lower back cramps. Softgoods and no-action-features-in-the-legs-bending at the hips and knees would really help.

Hmmmm... I was gonna say, I had no trouble with mine either.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I see where both sides are coming from...I think Tycho's point is that you should not have to bend the legs so far up to get the front of the "robes" to bend upwards and allow the legs to bend up the 90 degrees they have to for the figures to properly fit in the cockpit.

I bent their legs up and got them in the cockpit, but I'm not willing to risk possibly permanently-warping the front of their robes, so they don't sit quite all the way in their seats the way they ought to, and they move around a lot when I pick up the ships.
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Scackmgack got my point right on. Thank you.