Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sneak Preview wave drying up?

A couple of Wal-Marts in my area have sold out of their Sneak Preview assortment within the last week or so. While my TRU and another WM still have some left, it's interesting to see this wave sold out already. I remember with the Sneak Preview wave for AOTC, stock was still on the pegs at WM months after the film's release (in the case of my TRU, they still have several Zam Wessels).

Did these figures ship in fewer quantities than their predecessors, I wonder? Or is it the fact that they are simply better figures?

Re: Sneak Preview wave drying up?

This is very interesting to see. All the Targets have already put these on clearance, yet just over the last week Toys R Us and the Walmart next to it here stocked these in abundance. I think we will either see gangs of these everywhere after April 2nd or we will see certain stores "cough" Toys R Us, "COUGH" clog their pegs with them while no one else has them.

I kind of hope they just go away, they should be a teaser and limited to some extent. A quick glimpse before the big curtain is pulled back.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

The stores by me have basically sold out of the wave. A few stragglers, Wookies are left. Grievous and Tion went fast.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Hmmm, my local Wal-Mart just re-stocked the Preview wave. But then, they have had Unleashed Luke X-Wing, Count Dooku and Mace hanging around for months now.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Marble
    we will see certain stores "cough" Toys R Us, "COUGH" clog their pegs with them while no one else has them.
    KB as well

I still haven't found R3-G9.

At the Walmart i most often visit the wave has gone pretty quickly, with the exception of the Wookie Warrior being a bit of a straggler. Maybe Hasbro and retailers are trying to prevent these from clogging pegs like the AOTC sneak preview figs did. But assuming they are shipping in lesser quantities, whats going to go in their place until newer figures pop up?
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I'm wading through these figures just to get through the aisles. I have yet to see a difference from AOTC. This is the bad part about being in a market with low collector intrest.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Most of them are gone other than the Wookiee Warrior in my area. I don't think there is going to be a reorder on these so get your figures while you can!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid
    I still haven't found R3-G9.
    Isn't it strange that R3-G9 seemed to be the most popular of the 4? The Wookie is the most common around here and I would've expected him to sell the best since hes an army builder.

There is still a sparce amount of the Preview figures around here but in most places they've dried up. One of my Targets even went as far as replacing the bare pegs in the SW section with a couple of shelves containing Sponge Bob chairs.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”