View Poll Results: How do you rate the ROTS Theatrical Trailer?

Voters
768. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Awesome

651 84.77%

84 10.94%

24 3.13%

2 0.26%
  • 1 - Lame

7 0.91%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: How would you rate the ROTS Theatrical Trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    So maybe it's best (out of courtesy) not to even tip toe around certain characters who don't really even appear in the trailer.
    If what your alluding to happens, I think I'll join Stillakid on the darkside as a Lucas hater forever! I need a "real" shocker in this movie if there's going to be one at all! Sadly I don't see how one can be done, that hasn't been thought of by someone on these boards! I think any "Father" ones would be lame, no matter who it is!! Now if Padme turns out to be Anakins sister!!! Now that would be a shocker!

Oh yeah the trailer...5!
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by The 'Xir
    If what your alluding to happens, I think I'll join Stillakid on the darkside as a Lucas hater forever! I need a "real" shocker in this movie if there's going to be one at all! Sadly I don't see how one can be done, that hasn't been thought of by someone on these boards! I think any "Father" ones would be lame, no matter who it is!! Now if Padme turns out to be Anakins sister!!! Now that would be a shocker!

Oh yeah the trailer...5!
    Hey! I don't "hate" Lucas. I don't agree with his more recent decisions (you know, in the last decade or so), but I wouldn't equate that with hating the guy. He does have this grand "vision," I just wish he also had the skill to articulate the details better on his own and/or delegate those duties to people who can.

If what your alluding to happens, I think I'll join Stillakid on the darkside as a Lucas hater forever! I need a "real" shocker in this movie if there's going to be one at all! Sadly I don't see how one can be done, that hasn't been thought of by someone on these boards!
    Well, there was the Death Star "cameo" in AOTC that seems like it wasn't leaked beforehand. So there may be a few cool smaller things like that.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Re: How do you rate the ROTS Theatrical Trailer?

The Death Star was indeed a real shocker in AOTC and hopefully it'll make a return appearance in this movie seeing as it's commander, Grand Moff Tarkin, is gonna be in this one. It'd be sweet if the scene with Vader and Palpy on the Star Destroyer had them looking out over the construction of it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I d/l it for free.....nice OC intro but my wife LOVED IT...AOTC irked her but she might stay up past her bed time and go to the Midnight showing of EP 3 with me and my brother.

I give the Trailer a 5 for hype and dramatic tension building.

I got the trailer to play through to my tv and it is very nice indeed!...

Dancing in my chair!!!!

this link was found on the net

http://rianjs.net/?p=111

codec is located there also...use Winamp f0r b3st playback
    Last edited by Val Da Car; 03-12-2005 at 10:08 PM.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    The Death Star was indeed a real shocker in AOTC and hopefully it'll make a return appearance in this movie seeing as it's commander, Grand Moff Tarkin, is gonna be in this one.
    See, now that's what I was talking about when I reminded everyone that JT said "no spoilers."

Now... just because we're seeing pics of a young Tarkin action figure doesn't mean he's in the film. No spoiler there.

I need a "real" shocker in this movie if there's going to be one at all! Sadly I don't see how one can be done, that hasn't been thought of by someone on these boards! I think any "Father" ones would be lame, no matter who it is!!
    I wasn't suggesting that there could be anything specifically like the "father" revelation -- I was wondering if we might actually see something that had that same kind of surprise value. Something that really blows everyone away -- a "real" shocker.
    plasticfetish.net

Dooku is indeed in the trailer, you can see him for about half a second in a lightsaber battle with Ani in front of the Emp in his chair. Not a spoiler, it's in the trailer. You can also see Grievous for a half-second attacking Obi-Wan, the legs are a dead giveaway which character it is, the rest is harder to see because of the jumble of the scene, but he's definitely there.

I thought it was interesting, but focused too much on Palpatine, so I gave it a 4 since I felt "it's between and 3 and a 4". My sister liked it more than I did. A friend of mine liked it less, pointed out something I too didn't like, the lightsaber out of the sleeve trick, it's been done to death with other weapons in other series and doesn't fit the SW universe he and I both agreed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, it's not like Palpy can wear it on his belt. Would be sort of a dead giveaway that he's a Sith Lord. And he needs to keep it somewhere that would allow easy access for such an event. Sure it's overdone, but it's never been done in a Star Wars film.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well, it's not like Palpy can wear it on his belt. Would be sort of a dead giveaway that he's a Sith Lord. And he needs to keep it somewhere that would allow easy access for such an event.
    All I have to say to that is that Yoda didn't have his up his sleeve.

Sure it's overdone, but it's never been done in a Star Wars film.
    You're absolutely right. Maybe Lucas should add a bunch of bullet-time scenes in ROTS as well. Ooh, and a Britney Spears song!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.