Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    They all look awesome!

It may be my untrained eye, but I can hardlt tell the difference in the new FX-7 and the original.

It may be my untrained eye, but I can hardly tell the difference in the new FX-7 and the original
    The new one is so accurate it makes the vintage one look look like a salt shaker! This new one has all the detail that you see in the movie including the corect photo-receptor eyes and the little antennae on his head. It has the controls under his head in his 'neck'. His arms actually look like they could be articulated even if they're not. His colouring is correct. In a word he is awesome!
    I had the vintage one at some time or other and had a lot of play out of him but he never looked like this.
    Certain figures make you drool and this is one for me to drool over constantly even though it has no legs or battle stance or articulation. Simply because it is so accurate.

I'll knock together a comparison pic later and post it so you can see what I mean.

That would be nifty Jargo, because I am too lazy to go looking for myself.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Does anyone else giggle at the name

EMPEROR JARGO
    Moisture Farmer ?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

FX-7 comparison

Here's the evidence although a little small, it clearly shows that this new FX-7 is far superior to the vintage version which is, quite frankly, poo!

Thank you Jargo for the wonderful comparison of the prop to vintage to POTJ on FX-7. It would be great to have that for everyone! However, I have to take issue with calling the vintage FX-7 "poo". I could not wait for that to come out when it was first realeased. I payed more for it (about $4.00) brand new on the card than I had for almost anyone previously when it was released. And believe me, $4.00 was a LOT to pay for a figure back then. I couldn't believe how well (for the time) they managed to pull of a figure of FX-7. Granted, the new one is insanely detailed and everything we all want in a figure that is otherwise a "salt shaker", but you really have to put yourself in the shoes of those of us who have collected since 1977. When the POTF figures came out we were ready to pull our own heads off we were so blown away (by comparison to say the sculpts from the Early Bird Four). I shudder to think there is a whole generation that never knew the vintage figures when they were new. Nor did they have "record players" or Betamax VCRS. What is this world coming to?
    P.S. Keep up the great detail work, Hasbro. Though I have a soft spot in my heart for the vintage figures which have been with me from the age of 12 to the present day (yes, I still have all of my original figures purchased as they came out), I am in awe of what is coming out and how much better it gets with each new release and projected release. Don't skimp on quantities on Amanaman, I want to make an Amanin Army!

Emperor Jargo was making a little funny.......

he was indeed around to pick the freshly placed figures off the shelves in those halcyon days of the 1970's. He can remember distinctly walking into TOY AND HOBBY to gaze longingly at the Millenium Falcon in it's huge box that was too expensive for poor Jargo. He can still see the shiny rows of Walrus man and Greedo winking salaciously at him from their brightly colored wall bracket pegs. Gone are the days when a figure would somehow find it's way into Jargo's pocket as if by divine hand......

Ah let's cut to the chase!

I don't think any vintage are 'poo', I just like these POTF2 and EP1 and POTJ better. 'Tis merely my humble opinion. Perhaps an army of FX-7's would look cooler than an army of battle droids?

No - that's just plain silly!

Great comparison photo! I've heard all 19 of the arms are articulated on this POTJ figure, at least some at the "elbow" as well. The Vint one was nice work for it's time, but I'm afraid with this POTJ one coming, the only word for it now is "cute".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The vintage FX-7 was always one of my favorites, just because it was so different from all the other figures. I was beginning to worry that Hasbro would never make a new one.

Of course, this new one is a 300% improvement; but considering twenty years passed between the two releases, it better be.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    As a big fan of articulation in figures, I think Hasbro has taken a giant step backwards after this wave came out. The utter dreck that has been the SAGA line makes me wonder what shift in policy occured that led us from super articulation like FX-7 (can we get a treadweel droid like this hasbro?) to the atrocious one pose wonders like the Jedi (Shaak-Ti and Luminara being the absolute worst) or awful action features that might have looked good on the drawing board, but fail miserably on the shelf. (Padme anyone?)

Most figures have oddly splayed limbs that prevent them from doing anything except stand in the pose they are in in the package (or else look extremely goofy in any other pose. The neutrally posed figures are usually adorned with hard plastic "clothes" that hang down and prevent their leg articulation from being useful, such as sitting in vehicles(Capt. Typho, Obi Wan etc) or their torsos are ladened with so many accesories that their waist articulation is useless (Zam Wesell).

On behalf of collectors everywhere, allow me to plead for MORE articulation in these figures. Let us, the COLLECTORS, choose which poses to put the figures in. Thanks.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."