Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please Hasbro, no more action features

Dear Hasbro,

I realize that you believe that you are bringing a much-desired concept to the 3.75" line with the new action features. However, I must disagree. The introduction of buttons and wheels sticking out of a figure's back reduces that figure's aesthetic appeal, while not adding anything as a tradeoff. The insertion of magnets into figures is hit and miss, depending on the feature. It can add something to the figure (like Jango Fett Final Battle), detract from it (Anakin Hangar Duel) or simply make it look foolish (CC Obi-Wan).

While I despise the extreme poses your new Saga line features, I can't stress enough that these action features are truly what is bothering me the most. I encourage you to discontinue this madness. Bring the SW 3.75" line back to what it should be - as evidenced in the POTJ line.

Regards,

A collector of 25 years

When I started to see the later waves of POTJ, I figured Hasbro had finally gotten it right. How wrong I was! Their attempt to make the Saga line more dynamic has backfired big time. I don't think the pegwarmer situation was this bad during the entire Ep1 line!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I gotta put agree on this thread, action gimmicks and extreme poses are really hurting the Star Wars line IMO and I wish they would go the way of the dinosaur.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Agree Agree.
    They suck bigtime.....no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features,no more action features, and if that isn't enough,Hasbro should just call me and I'll let them know.
    Jóhann Waage.
    00-354-545-0007
    Joi@offset.is
    Logi ég er fağir şinn!
    Velkominn yfir á dökku hliğ máttarins!
    General Maximilian Veers is the coolest Imperial ever.

sorry I may be being a little slow but I cant quite understand what you are getting at MV
    Maybe your post was a little too vague for me
    Planet Lunt...It is unavoidable........It Is Your Destiny.

Originally posted by lunchymeatball
    sorry I may be being a little slow but I cant quite understand what you are getting at MV
    Maybe your post was a little too vague for me

I was just letting Hasbro know how much I hated their new action poses and gimmicks...I'm sorry if you weren't able to understand it. And if they wanted any information from me about how they could change it back,they could call me at the number I've listed.
    Ok?
    Logi ég er fağir şinn!
    Velkominn yfir á dökku hliğ máttarins!
    General Maximilian Veers is the coolest Imperial ever.

I agree that the dynamic poses on some are crap, but i really like some of the action features and i hope Hasbro doesn't abandon, but improves upon them.

Instead of the dynamic posed figures, i want more articulation so you can decide whether or not the figure is posed neutrally or dynamic.

In terms of action features, they should not limit the figure in any way. I.e. look at the The Lord Of The Rings figures from ToyBiz. The Orc Warrior figure (which i own) can make a tree chopping move with his axe (i know, doesn't sound exciting, but it's really cool!) by pressing his leg together. You'd think this would immobilize both legs and his arms, but it doesn't! You can still move his arms and legs in all the directions you want. Now if ToyBiz can do it, which is a relatively small company compared to Hasbro, surely they (= Hasbro) can do it too.

Saga action features that i like:
    - Magnetic Actions as long as it doesn't detract from the overall look of the figure and it actually works.
    - Chop and kung-fu action as long as it doesn't limit the figure.
    - Blow-apart action that is concealed and still makes the fig look decent.

Features that i hate:
    - Arms that stay up and can't go down.
    - Magnetic actions that don't work because the magnet is too weak.
    - Blow-apart action that makes it impossible to put the fig together (Deluxe Mace's Battle Droid).
    - Slashing action that makes figs look stupid (Anakin HD can only have his arms in one position).
    - One pose wonders.

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

No offence intended MV,
    Just a comment on how strongly you felt about the features.
    I did well and truly understand what you meant and am not critisizing your views at all
    Planet Lunt...It is unavoidable........It Is Your Destiny.

I agree with DarthMaulSithLord about the features that are good or bad etc. although some poses are pretty good IMO like Kit Fisto
    you can't get a Jedi to stand in a normal and a fighting pose and if you want both hasbro should make two versions IMO