NERDSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! remix

They are planning toremake thie Revenge of the Nerds Classic.... why God why?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0426560/
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: NERDSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! remix

This could lead to a better edition of the original being released on dvd. I'm all for this remake if it leads to that.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Why? Because the studio system has destroyed Hollywood, creating a bankruptcy of ideas. It's not that there aren't tons of great new ideas, it's that the corporate mentality generally keeps them from being produced these days. It's safer to bet on a proven winner than to put the money on the long-odds nag.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I also saw on imdb that they are remaking "The Bad News Bears" with Billy Bob Thornton.

IS NOTHING SACRED??!!
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I'm hoping for a cameo by Donald Gibb, the original from the first flick.

And Booger, if he can pry himself away from doing more thoughtful films like "Ray."

Meh . . . some films just shouldn't be remade IMO and this is a perfect example. The original was relevant and funny because it took place during the eighties when nerds were considered outcasts and I just don't think thats the case as much today. I suppose the remake could take place in the past but even if it did they'd just be reahashing the same material and who wants to see that? I just don't see this film translating well into a believable modern day story. I'll pass.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”