Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rest easy - ROTS Anakin fits in the Starfighter

I know there's been some concern that the ROTS Anakin would not fit into his Jedi Starfighter--mostly because he lacks any type of soft goods. I was fortunate enough to find the first two Anakins at Wal-Mart this morning, and Anakin (the one with interchangeable hands) fits PERFECTLY into the cockpit. It does seem like the legs and springs will break if you pull them into a sitting position, but you can move them enough to seat him comfortably.

While I don't have the first Obi-Wan (I opted for the smoked-stained tunic Obi-Wan instead), I'm sure you can pose him similarly to fit into his starfighter.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Re: Rest easy - ROTS Anakin fits in the Starfighter

This is good news ^^

I guess you can stop crying Tycho.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

No I still want softgoods or s/a bending knee resculpts with no action features.

I'll pay Hasbro $5.88 a piece for these.

Meanwhile, Sith Lord, why don't you post some pictures:

1) Anakin in cockpit (completely closed) close-up

2) Anakin in cockpit (after it's been completely closed) - now re-opened, close-up showing his pose.

3) Just answer the question if you'd still like Hasbro to resculpt these characters and would like to join me at Celebration 3 in cracking some skulls at Hasbro over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    No I still want softgoods or s/a bending knee resculpts with no action features.

I'll pay Hasbro $5.88 a piece for these.

Meanwhile, Sith Lord, why don't you post some pictures:

1) Anakin in cockpit (completely closed) close-up

2) Anakin in cockpit (after it's been completely closed) - now re-opened, close-up showing his pose.

3) Just answer the question if you'd still like Hasbro to resculpt these characters and would like to join me at Celebration 3 in cracking some skulls at Hasbro over this.
    I was actually just sitting here thinking I wish I could post pics on this. A digital camera was on my shopping list this year, but then this Revenge of the Sith thing came about and that was the end of that slush fund...

If I can get ahold of my dad's camera, I will post pics. I wish I'd thought of that an hour ago when my wife and I were visiting my parents. In the meantime, try to put your Anakin in the fighter if you've got both. That goes for anyone else on the boards. Remember, it has to be the "Jedi Knight" version--not the mascara Anakin. Also, bend the legs into position slowly (just in case).

I have to say--Anakin looks pretty good. Since I don't have pics, I'll do my best to describe it. The Starfighter is mounted on four nails in my wall, pointing upward like the Space Shuttle prior to launch. The cockpit hatch is hanging open, and Anakin is sitting perfectly still and secure. His feet reach the molded pedals, and his arms are sticking outward and bent at the elbows (as if he's sitting down with a hands-on-the-hips pose). The arms fill much of the width of the cockpit.

As for Celebration 3, I don't get paid time off. It'd cost me a fortune I don't have to attend, so you're on your own for that one.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

OK, but can you CLOSE the cockpit over Anakin, like he'd need it to be to fly in space?

I don't like the idea of forcing my figure's "action-feature" inconvenienced legs to move into that permanent position. Maybe if I get more of that Anakin figure, but at present I think I've only found 4 and want more for my diorama scenes and am not yet ready to take a chance with one of them.

Meanwhile, do Jedi Knights get Republic Disabled Veterans' Benefits? I think this Anakin Skywalker character (#2) might need them if he plans to retire after the Clone Wars.

Tycho, just take one of your FOUR Anakins and rotate the damn legs already! You can get plenty more, they'll be everywhere in 2 and a half weeks.

Take one for the team and risk it so the rest of us who don't have 4 of this figure yet can know what to expect. If it breaks, make Hasbro replace it, it would be their fault after all, their return policy worked for me recently on the Transformers line.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    OK, but can you CLOSE the cockpit over Anakin, like he'd need it to be to fly in space?

I don't like the idea of forcing my figure's "action-feature" inconvenienced legs to move into that permanent position. Maybe if I get more of that Anakin figure, but at present I think I've only found 4 and want more for my diorama scenes and am not yet ready to take a chance with one of them.

Meanwhile, do Jedi Knights get Republic Disabled Veterans' Benefits? I think this Anakin Skywalker character (#2) might need them if he plans to retire after the Clone Wars.
    I sent you a PM, but I'll respond here for everyone else to read.

1) The cockpit DOES close, but with only a few millimeters clearance. It also stays securely shut. I just took it off its wall mounting and put it through three successive hard rolls. The figure shifts a little bit--nothing more.

2) Instructions for Posing: Slowly pull the legs up into a 45 degree angle. That's it.

3) Obviously, I don't know about the long term effects of this seated pose on the action features, but it hasn't hurt them overnight. While reposing him, I squeezed the legs together, and it worked fine.

4) Even if it did affect the action feature, you always have the option of buying two Anakins--one for the starfighter and one for display. It's not like they won't be around in bulk soon.

I kinda figured... I thought they would have learnt SOMETHING by now...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by Sithlord 0498
    I just took it off its wall mounting and put it through three successive hard rolls.
    I just have to point out, that is the most hardcore "playin with yer toys" comment I think I've ever seen on this board, so serious, and so true....
    Good work man!!!

BTW can it do Immelman turns too???
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.