Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: New Signature Limits

Basker, yours is currently 5 lines now, another line would have pushed it over. However, the first line wraps which is why it's that long, if you want to pack more in there, try to use the smallest font and size, and don't use bold.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thanks for the info! How do you get to use other Avitars instead of the ones already on this site? Is there a certain posting you have to have on here like over 100 or something?
    [b][size=4]"Have you ever heard of the tragedy of Darth Plagueis-the wise?" -Palpatine asking Anakin in [i]Revenge of the Sith[/i][/size][/b]

Yes you need 101 posts to use a custom avatar.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Alright, who keeps f'ing around with my sig line? It has been within the 5 line limit for the last few days yet I have to keep reformatting it because somebody keeps squishing it into 4.

And now, one of my links has been REMOVED altogether. What gives? Yeah, it said "God Machine," but it wasn't religious by any stretch. I don't get it.

It's always me enforcing this rule, you kept changing the 5 lines to 6 by adding that line break after "Dear Hasbro," after I kept taking it out, so after 2 attempts I changed gears and took out the "God Machine" link since on the title alone was breaking Rancor Pit rules, and it was the 6th line in your sig. I tried several times not to delete something from your sig, the rule says I can delete your entire sig if need be but I am trying to not have to do that.

And in case you're wondering, your sig WAS six lines as it appeared in the forums, that's where Steve told me to count them from.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    It's always me enforcing this rule, you kept changing the 5 lines to 6 by adding that line break after "Dear Hasbro," after I kept taking it out, so after 2 attempts I changed gears and took out the "God Machine" link since on the title alone was breaking Rancor Pit rules, and it was the 6th line in your sig. I tried several times not to delete something from your sig, the rule says I can delete your entire sig if need be but I am trying to not have to do that.

And in case you're wondering, your sig WAS six lines as it appeared in the forums, that's where Steve told me to count them from.
    Um, dude:

1. Dear Hasbro,
    2. All-In-One Death Star & Star Destroyer!, Funeral Pyre Vader!, Torture Rack Han!
    3. How many figures do you have?
    4. COMPLETE ROTS Figure Checklist
    5. God Machine!

That's the way it looks on my computer screen. Your screen must be squishing everything in if you see it differently, and I shouldn't be held responsible for that.

As far as the rules for the Rancor Pit go, I fail to see how line #5 and it's contents broke that rule.

This [Rancor Pit] is the ONLY section of the forums where Political and Religious discussions are allowed. Taking these issues into other forums via posting or signatures or avatars is not allowed.
    All it says is "God Machine" with a link to an audio file which has nothing at all to do with religion. I certainly wasn't taking any "issue" out of the Pit and into the other forums. It's just the benign word "God." A quick search through the other forum threads revealed a multitude of inclusions by other users of the benign word "God," yet those were not removed. Here are just a few:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...8&postcount=71
    http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...98&postcount=7
    http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...1&postcount=10
    http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...5&postcount=27
    http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...&highlight=God
    http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...26&postcount=8
    http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...77&postcount=9

If you bothered to look at most of those, you'll see the CONTEXT has everything to do with meaning. I fail to see how my sig line constituted
    Taking these issues into other forums via posting or signatures or avatars is not allowed.
    Try it yourself. Just type "God" into the simple SEARCH feature and see for yourself how many times it pops up within non-Rancor Pit threads.
    And unlike ALL of those others, mine wasn't referring to any kind of deity in the specific way that they did or as an expletive. So I'd like to see "God Machine" reinstated back on LINE #5 the way it was. Thank you.

Look at your post, you list all 5 separate sections, but section 2 wraps around. That's exactly the problem right there, the line is too long and wraps down, and it's the entire link, it's still doing it. If you were using a smaller font, it *might* not, I dunno for sure but I suspect it would work, but you're not so the way Steve wants the rule that's how I have to enforce it. As for your God Machine link, I didn't take issue with it before, the only reason I pulled it this time was because it was the easiest target as it on the surface had the RP issue AND was at the bottom of your sig. If you can make the rest of your sig fit the forums to 4 lines with wrapping instead of 5, you can put it back.

Keep in mind though, I won't be making any more content changes to your sig, the next time it breaks this 5-line rule, I'm simply deleting the whole thing and you can figure out why on your own.

Maybe stillakid's line 2 in his sig doesn't wrap around when he views it. Viewing it on my end it doesn't do a wrap around, it all fits on one line. I think that's why he is having an issue with trying to figure out how it breaks the rule.

That make any sense, not sure if I explained it without being confusing.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Look at your post, you list all 5 separate sections, but section 2 wraps around. That's exactly the problem right there, the line is too long and wraps down, and it's the entire link, it's still doing it. If you were using a smaller font, it *might* not, I dunno for sure but I suspect it would work, but you're not so the way Steve wants the rule that's how I have to enforce it.
    No, see, it's your personal browser that is screwing this all up. My browser shows the lines just fine. If I grab hold of the right side of the browser window and drag it in, then yeah, suddenly all the formatting goes out the window. But on full expansion, there is no text wrapping. I could theoretically drag the window in so that my sig line is 50 lines long, too. Again, don't blame me because you aren't seeing it the right way.

As for your God Machine link, I didn't take issue with it before, the only reason I pulled it this time was because it was the easiest target as it on the surface had the RP issue AND was at the bottom of your sig. If you can make the rest of your sig fit the forums to 4 lines with wrapping instead of 5, you can put it back.

Keep in mind though, I won't be making any more content changes to your sig, the next time it breaks this 5-line rule, I'm simply deleting the whole thing and you can figure out why on your own.
    Don't threaten me because your machine is screwing up. If you'd like us all to drop by your house so we can make sure we're within the rules as YOU see them, then great. Otherwise, fix it on your end and leave everything else alone. My monitors...all 5 of them I have at my home, show the sig line currently at 4 lines and God Machine makes it 5. Why your 1 is f'ing it up is your problem, but you're making it mine and it's annoying.

No, it makes sense JBF, and I specifically checked with Steve on that issue of what browser/what screensize do I judge the line size from when we first made this rule, I made sure he was very specific - display size, amount of right gutter showing, browser, everything.

Stilla, it is not my browser, I am set up exactly the way I am supposed to be doing this, precisely how Steve has told me to check for these, so I am not having any sort of problem here, don't talk down to me like I'm a moron because there's no rule that says I have to take disrespectful crap from you or anybody. I am only supposed to apply this rule by how Steve wants it done, and that's how it is.