Hybrid View

New Signature Limits

Up until now, the only limitation on forums signatures has been a set number of characters, however, recently there have been a lot more signatures which have used oversized text or lots of line breaks to take up a lot of space. This situation now requires a new rule on signatures be implimented:

signatures will be limited to 5 lines total including spaces, and no signature may use an overly-large font size.

Different fonts have different sizes, but the general rule of thumb is that size 4 is the top limit.

Any signature breaking the rule may be deleted without warning.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: New Signature Limits

How large is overly-large ?

Is size 3 too much ? (for reference, I'm using size 3 right now)

thanks.

I always thought it was "I WENT to the danger zone." Caesar, but then I never really listened to too much Kenny Loggins.

(I know danger is being replaced by Dengar, the bounty hunter)
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Sorry for messing up your sig limits with my witty bantar of an oversized sig guys.

Seriously though JT is mine too big now I think it's at like 5 on the sizometer.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Slick, you were the first person I thought of when I read this new edict.

There are others, too , not so much on the size thing but sheer VOLUME of junk but I shan't mention names.

Bobafrett, it is indeed Highway, at least for the first part of the song.
    Later on he says something about how he'll take a ride into the Danger Zone.

Caesar, your sig is fine, I've talked to Steve and he wants me to set a specific max size, but I pointed out to him that different fonts have different relative sizes. In any case, I edited the announcement and rule to include clarification on that point.

Slicker, your current sig wasn't the fulcrum that caused this. It was a 5 before, but recently you had edited it to a 4 which is what it is now, and that's the maximum size. BTW, I edited it when this came down because of a spacing issue underneath, it had a bunch of extra codes like size 5 blank spaces and extra colors and fonts, so I cut them out.

bobafrett, the 5 lines rule includes spaces, as your sig was until I just edited it yours was 7 lines. I guess I'll add that to the announcement as well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.