Hybrid View

New Signature Limits

Up until now, the only limitation on forums signatures has been a set number of characters, however, recently there have been a lot more signatures which have used oversized text or lots of line breaks to take up a lot of space. This situation now requires a new rule on signatures be implimented:

signatures will be limited to 5 lines total including spaces, and no signature may use an overly-large font size.

Different fonts have different sizes, but the general rule of thumb is that size 4 is the top limit.

Any signature breaking the rule may be deleted without warning.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: New Signature Limits

How large is overly-large ?

Is size 3 too much ? (for reference, I'm using size 3 right now)

thanks.

I always thought it was "I WENT to the danger zone." Caesar, but then I never really listened to too much Kenny Loggins.

(I know danger is being replaced by Dengar, the bounty hunter)
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Sorry for messing up your sig limits with my witty bantar of an oversized sig guys.

Seriously though JT is mine too big now I think it's at like 5 on the sizometer.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Slick, you were the first person I thought of when I read this new edict.

There are others, too , not so much on the size thing but sheer VOLUME of junk but I shan't mention names.

Bobafrett, it is indeed Highway, at least for the first part of the song.
    Later on he says something about how he'll take a ride into the Danger Zone.

Caesar, your sig is fine, I've talked to Steve and he wants me to set a specific max size, but I pointed out to him that different fonts have different relative sizes. In any case, I edited the announcement and rule to include clarification on that point.

Slicker, your current sig wasn't the fulcrum that caused this. It was a 5 before, but recently you had edited it to a 4 which is what it is now, and that's the maximum size. BTW, I edited it when this came down because of a spacing issue underneath, it had a bunch of extra codes like size 5 blank spaces and extra colors and fonts, so I cut them out.

bobafrett, the 5 lines rule includes spaces, as your sig was until I just edited it yours was 7 lines. I guess I'll add that to the announcement as well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.