Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: ROTS Soundtrack out 5/3, includes bonus DVD (merged)

Got a review on the bonus DVD that comes with this. Don't worry, the review doesn't spoil anything.

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi...aljourney.html
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Great review, now I really can't wait for this thing. Sounds like it should meet or exceed most fan's expectations.

I remember the first time I saw the THX WOW laserdisc, I was beyond imperessed and determined to one day add it to my collection. These were never put on sale and were used for store demos only so obtaining one was almost impossible. It took me over a year but I finally snagged one while managing a video store and still own it today but its been a while since I've watched it. I'm thrilled to hear this new DVD has adopted a similar editing style. Sounds like I'll have a new demo disc to work out the home theater system.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I'm just glad to see that it says the DVD doesn't really spoil anything for Sith.

Only because of the DVD I've been looking forward to this soundtrack. Since the craptacular EP2 release, I've been thinking that EP3's music might mirror it in terms of recycled music. I don't know how much that dvdfile reviewer is into SW music, but it does sound like we'll be getting plenty of good music. Only one more week to go before the release. Anyone hear of one of the stores doing an extra track exclusive like Target did for EP2?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I got my cd this morning. I have watched the dvd and its fantastic!! The music and movie clips are superb!! Especially the Episode III music and movie. Ian Mcdiarmid narrates the story of the Star Wars saga between the videos! This dvd reiteratted my love of the movies and the music right back to me. Im so looking forward to Episode III now. Off to listen to the soundtrack now!!
    [font=Arial Black]Never underestimate an Ewok! Sticks and stones break Stormtrooper's bones![/font]
    [font=Arial]"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you."[/font]
    [font=Arial]"Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follow's him"- Obi-wan Kenobi[/font]
    [font=Arial]Great Seller:- Mr JabbaJohnL[/font]

^ Neat! I just downloaded the ROTS video off the official SW website, and it is indeed pretty cool. Lots of re-used trailer images but also many new shots.

I have listened to the entire soundtrack online and it's pretty excellent, but the videos are really what has me excited. Can't wait until Tuesday!

Sy Snootles lip synchs

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness Shroud
    I got my cd this morning. I have watched the dvd and its fantastic!! The music and movie clips are superb!! Especially the Episode III music and movie. Ian Mcdiarmid narrates the story of the Star Wars saga between the videos! This dvd reiteratted my love of the movies and the music right back to me. Im so looking forward to Episode III now. Off to listen to the soundtrack now!!
    Is the DVD something that Spoiler Free fans will want to avoid until after watching the movie?

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Pendo
    Is the DVD something that Spoiler Free fans will want to avoid until after watching the movie?

PENDO!
    In the review Fettfield posted at the top of the page they had this to say.

Lucasfilm very considerately avoided revealing any Episode III spoilers in The Musical Journey, but the new film's included footage looks absolutely amazing. No trailer for the film is necessary; this is quite enough to increase the anticipation of any fan.
    So I guess its safe.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

If anybody can't find a way to listen to the soundtrack before it's released, this website here www.mp3search.ru and type in Revenge of the Sith, or John Williams and when the album title shows up, click on it and you can listen to samples of all the tracks. You have to register first, it's free too.
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendo

PENDO!
    I think if you have seen the trailer and want to watch this dvd then you are safe mate. But whats 18 more days........
    [font=Arial Black]Never underestimate an Ewok! Sticks and stones break Stormtrooper's bones![/font]
    [font=Arial]"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you."[/font]
    [font=Arial]"Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follow's him"- Obi-wan Kenobi[/font]
    [font=Arial]Great Seller:- Mr JabbaJohnL[/font]