Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: ROTS Soundtrack out 5/3, includes bonus DVD (merged)

Okay, serious help needed here!

Both Target and Wal-Mart are claiming they have exclusive downloads if you buy the ROTS CD there. So, does anyone know what the tracks are (or if they're possibly the same thing)?

Any hep here'd be hot.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Are they downloads of tracks or just screensavers?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I bought mine at Wal-Mart a few hours ago and it comes with a code for an exclusive download of an interview with Johnny Dubs.

Sorry, I don't have Target's info . . . I just checked their website and they still don't have detailed product info.

A buddy of mine cleared it up: WM's exclusive download is an interview, Target's exclusive is the "radio edit" of "Battle of the Heroes." Neither a true-must have, so I'll get it from whichever store's cheaper.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    ...Target's exclusive is the "radio edit" of "Battle of the Heroes."
    What the hell does that mean? They editing out those explicit lyrics that John Williams keeps using?

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Target has the single version, with the dialogue and sound effects.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I got mine this morning on my way to college. I will have to say that, after the OT, this is definitely my favorite of the PT soundtracks. It had very original music with a darker tone like ESB (my favorite). I love the tracks "Palpatine Teaching", "Battle of the Heros", "Anakin and Obi-Wan", "Grevious Speaks With Lord Sideous", "The Birth of the Twins..." and "A New Hope and End Titles". Great sndtk.
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

Grabbed the last CD from Target this AM. They have it for $12 while at the Evil Empire it's going for $14. The interview on the WM-sold disc is of John Williams--it says so on a sticker on the cover. With the DVD thrown in, it's a pretty good deal for the money.

I wonder if this disc, like the other two prequel discs, have the tracks out of order from the movie sequence.

Watched the DVD last night and thought it was really well done. I actually enjoyed the prequel chapters more than the OT. The conceptual art pictures that were shown in the OT sections, though cool in their own right, felt a bit out of place IMO. They just didn't quite fit the flow of the rest of the DVD and they probably would've been cooler if they were in a chapter by themselves rather than incorporated between the movie scenes.

The first 3 or 4 chapters are a great way to do a quick re-cap of the first two films before seeing ROTS. Most of us die hard SW fans will most likely just watch the films in their entirety but for those who are less committed (like the vast majority of my friends and my family) this is a great way to get prepared and excited to see the final chapter in the SW saga.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    I wonder if this disc, like the other two prequel discs, have the tracks out of order from the movie sequence.
    Yes, they are out of order.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm