Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: ROTS Soundtrack out 5/3, includes bonus DVD (merged)

Even though I had been listening to the soundtrack for about 2 weeks now, yesterday while listening to the store bought copy when it came to the music for the end titles it caught me off guard, and I realized this is the last movie. If I hadn't been taught by society to be so callous as a man, I probably would have teared up. As it is, when that track finished and the CD started over, I got a little sad again hearing the opening music thinking it's the last movie.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

I figured this CD would be in the same vein as the other 2 prequels. I also noticed that the opening intro that comes just after the main title and before the first movement was deleted--it jumps right into the battle music. I haven't listened to all the songs, just a smattering of clips, but I like what I've heard so far.

The DVD looks really great. For a freebie I think we're getting a great treat! I like the main menu swap of the characters, but where the hell is Chewie? I watch the first segment and liked the effect of putting the foreground in a 3D effect in front of the background. Having McDiarmid doing intros is also a nice touch, though he looks a little odd. He kind of has that Michael Jackson thin facial hair thing going.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Feeling a bit of inspiration, I made a DVD cover for the Star Wars: A Musical Journey DVD.
    This is a preview, I suppose, since I'm not quite sure if I'm finished yet.

Here

Thoughts?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Not bad, not bad at all. Okay, it was pretty good for Rambo!

Seriously, great stuff. What program(s) are you using for that?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thanks!
    I use Photoshop 7.

I'm sure it would look tons better if I had more than 1 class worth of Photoshop experience.
    DOMINATE!

That looks terrific! If you can create it to the proper scale, can you post it for the rest of us? I wanted to do something like that, but there's no way I could pull off something that good.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Since Photobucket won't let me post it full size, shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you.
    DOMINATE!

Wow, nice job Rocketboy. I'm really impressed. I'd like to get me one of them slick inserts too.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    I figured this CD would be in the same vein as the other 2 prequels. I also noticed that the opening intro that comes just after the main title and before the first movement was deleted--it jumps right into the battle music. I haven't listened to all the songs, just a smattering of clips, but I like what I've heard so far.

The DVD looks really great. For a freebie I think we're getting a great treat! I like the main menu swap of the characters, but where the hell is Chewie? I watch the first segment and liked the effect of putting the foreground in a 3D effect in front of the background. Having McDiarmid doing intros is also a nice touch, though he looks a little odd. He kind of has that Michael Jackson thin facial hair thing going.
    POSSILBE SPOILERS

How do you know that some music was deleted? Do you mean that some of the music during the scroll was cut? In the film, it goes from the opening scroll directly to the battle.

I bought this yesterday but I'm not going to listen to it until after the film comes out. I'll watch the DVD tonight though.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Man, I love this CD. I listened to it and I immediately thought that it was on par with the OT's music. Way better than Episode 1's soundtrack, and miles better than Episode 2's. "Battle of the Heroes" is great, and I also love the fact that the last track is pretty much all-OT music with the exception of a repeat of Battle of the Heroes. Overall, a great buy for me.

The DVD ain't half bad either.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]