Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Re: ROTS Soundtrack out 5/3, includes bonus DVD (merged)

Yeah, he's done so much stuff over the past couple of decades, there's bound to be some recycling.

Fitzwilly has a theme that sounds exactly like "Parade of the Ewoks."

The Kamino music sounds a lot like it came from The Fury.

Much of Dracula sounds like the Bespin themes from ESB.

And like you said, "Across the Stars" sounds like "The Flight to Neverland."

But I ain't gonna complain. It's like getting all sorts of cool variations we couldn't get from just six SW films.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Just got the soundtrack a couple days ago. Haven't listened to it yet. I got mine from Target, so I downloaded the exclusive track. However, it doesn't work. Perhaps another example Mac users getting hosed. At least it doesn't appear to be that big of a loss, from what I have read here. Has anyone with a Mac been able to get this track to work?

Quote Originally Posted by posty333
    Just got the soundtrack a couple days ago. Haven't listened to it yet. I got mine from Target, so I downloaded the exclusive track. However, it doesn't work. Perhaps another example Mac users getting hosed. At least it doesn't appear to be that big of a loss, from what I have read here. Has anyone with a Mac been able to get this track to work?
    I don't know anything about Mac problems but I'm not surprised about it. I like the track but it's nothing really original like the Conveyor Belt track Target ex. from the EP2 disc. Just a bunch of dialogue and sound FX like the Duel of the Fates version from the EP1 UE set.

Has anyone tried to put the tracks in sequential order as they are played in the movie? That's my big beef with the single disc prequel CDs is that they have tracks way out of order. I can't quite put where Padme's Ruminations go and a couple of other ones.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Well, after my sadness at listening to the TPM soundtrack and reading that one track was called "Qui-Gon's Death" (no spoiler there, eh? ), I decided to forgo hearing this one until 5/19 or later. Just for the record, I listened to it for dinner after work on the 19th.

The DVD was quite possibly the best part. My favorite was the video set to "Ben's Death/TIE Fighter Attack." Obviously, that song's from ANH, but all the footage was from ESB, and it flowed flawlessly with the sounds, pauses, and emphases of the song. I am certain that the Guiness Brewing Co. had something to do with this soundtrack, because it's brilliant! Brilliant!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega