Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

ROTS Soundtrack to include 70-Minute DVD

PR Newswire.com reports:

NEW YORK, March 15/PRNewswire.com/ -- On Tuesday, May 3, 2005, Sony Classical will release the original motion picture soundtrack of the last episode of the massively popular Star Wars saga, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. It features a new score by five-time Oscar winner John Williams, who is also the composer and conductor of the score for each film in the six-chapter Star Wars saga, and an exclusive collector's DVD -- Star Wars: A Musical Journey -- an unprecedented bonus at no additional cost.
    Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, written and directed by George Lucas is the most anticipated movie of the year and opens worldwide on Thursday, May 19, 2005.
    Created especially to accompany the CD release, the thrilling 70-minute DVD features 16 brand-new music videos set to selections from all six of John Williams' unforgettable Star Wars film scores and has been designed around a timeline that will take the viewer chronologically through the entire saga. Each movement is introduced by actor Ian McDiarmid (who plays Senator Palpatine in the films) and features a spectacular montage of images, complete with excerpts of the original dialogue and sound effects, set to Williams' legendary music which has been newly remixed and remastered in 5.1 surround sound. Williams' principal theme for the new score, entitled "Battle of the Heroes," will be featured in a music video created by Lucasfilm.
    The soundtrack packaging will also include liner notes from George Lucas plus an exclusive fold-out poster featuring a montage of images from the film.
    Sounds like a nice package. The full write up is available at the link posted below.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...3198125&EDATE=
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Re: ROTS Soundtrack to include 70-Minute DVD

I would definitely buy this soundtrack just for that bonus DVD. Great incentive for getting me, a new customer who never bought any previous SW soundtracks, to buy this.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

If this doesn't come off cheesy, and believe me I can see it swinging wildly either way hitting all points inbetween, this should be a really great addition to the disc and almost certainly guarantees that I'll buy it (I didn't end up buying the Ep 2 soundtrack).

I really would like to see more material from/about Williams and his role in SW some day, I am disappointed that Williams hasn't done a soundtrack-only commentary on any of the films.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This could turn out to be rather neat. I remember the music video for "Duel of the Fates" was pretty neat and believe it or not they actually played it on MTV back when they actually played music videos.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Yeah I'm looking forward to this too. It makes up for the somewhat disappointing Ep 2 soundtrack but as much as I want this I'm afraid of getting it before seeing the film due to song title spoilers.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I was sold on the disc before I even knew what the DVD would contain so this is pure bonus for me.

I bought the Star Wars Anthology 4disc set back in high school and a few years later I got each of the 2 disc Special Edition soundtracks and of course TPM and AOTC as well. I love the AOTC soundtrack, I listen to that one probably more than any other one but there are so many good cuts spread out over the 12 Star Wars CDs I own and hopefully this next one will be a nice addition.

JT, I thought about the possible quality of this DVD and I can see it going either way, too. On one hand I'd like it to be meaty and really get into Williams' approach to the music (and believe me I'm not trained musically so I might be easy to sell on this ) or on the other hand I could see it coming off as total fluff, just dumping a bunch of movie images against the soundtracks while Ian McDiarmid does a few intros.

Man, I wish this was being released on April 2nd with the rest of the loot !

Revenge of the Sith Soundtrack out on 5/3 with bonus

This looks to be real good. I'm sure we won't be let down by John Williams.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#lois

[font=arial, helvetica, courier, *] In other DVD news today, SonyBMG has announced that the soundtrack CD for Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith will street on 5/3. So why is this DVD news? Well, as it turns out, the CD will include a bonus DVD-Video disc that will feature a 70-minute presentation of some 16 newly-created music videos of composer John Williams' signature themes from all 6 Star Wars films (set to footage from the films) that takes viewers chronologically through the entire saga. Each will be introduced by actor Ian McDiarmid (Senator Palpatine) and will feature the music along with dialogue and sound effects excerpts in full Dolby Digital 5.1 surround. The package will also include a booklet with liner notes by George Lucas and a poster. Frankly, I'm as excited to hear this music as I am to see the film.[/font]
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Re: Revenge of the Sith Soundtrack out on 5/3 with bonus

There's also a thread on this in the Episode III (no spoilers) section.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Re: Revenge of the Sith Soundtrack out on 5/3 with bonus

Sounds awesome, i can't wait! The DVD makes this worth buying without a doubt.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Re: ROTS Soundtrack out 5/3, includes bonus DVD (merged)

When the OT DVDs came out, I was really disappointed that they didn't create a 'Music video' ala the PT, a medely of sorts using music to and clips to tell the story of the OT saga. Well, looks like they had better plans in mind. I can't wait. I honsetly don't know how they can mess this up. We already know the movies and music are great. Also, looking at the track list, it looks like the actual CD will contain more music than the AOTC one, which left out some stuff from the movie.

Sy Snootles lip synchs