Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Angry Ultimate villain Vader

I just saw some close ups of the all the Vader parts on the Ultimate Villain and made a horrible realization- they are just rehashed parts from the 14" talking vader that came out back in '98 or so. Even then I thought the helmet looked goofy, and the hands are way too big. Were the pics on galactichunter.com mockups or the actual product. That was the thing I was most excited about for April 2nd and I will be FURIOUS if that is what gets released!

Re: Ultimate villain Vader

looks like your worst fears are confirmed. I myself liked the 14" Vader so much I bought 4 of them.

However, the sewn-on chest controls are more like the original 12" Vader (Collectors' Ed. 1996) and I turned that thing down so many times and never bought it.

The head sculpt on non-charred Anakin doesn't look so hot either.

I'm still going to pick this one up I guess, but I'm none too thrilled about the price. Seeing as how I have 4 Vaders, I'd rather have 2 long-haired Anakins - that's all I need: one to pose vs. Dooku, and one to pose vs. Obi-Wan.

I'll be kicking myself if they later release a single-box E3 "plain Anakin."

But as a kit-piece, this one still seems fun. But you're right. It's not as good as I thought it would be.

I suspected this was the case from the beginning, and am not surprised. But they could still fool me into buying it if the figure's body actually has better articulation (and the price isn't too outrageous).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Dang. I guess I won't have to feel too bad picking up only one and displaying it as Anakin, since the older Vader still looks better. It does look like Vader's right hand is a little different and will hold a lightsaber better. I also like the gloved and un-gloved robot hand. It doesn't look as good as i had hoped, but it should still be fun to play with!
    Btw-Is there a 12" scale Vader that is better than the talking one? I know they did a two pack with Darth Maul that I've never seen in person and the aforementioned 96' one that I didn't like too much.

I can see why some people don't like this figure, but I think it looks great! I'll be picking it up when it's released. I just hope it isn't too expensive.

Randy

The 2 pack one with Maul is the same one as the 14" Talking Vader, without electronics that time.

It is the best large scale Vader made (not counting stuff like Kotobukia which I don't think is poseable, but would be like 16-20" anyway).

I loved it so much I wanted to display it with the helmet on (Fighting Luke Bepsin on Dagobah as "the ghost" with Yoda and R2 watching them)

and with helmet off, in Luke Jedi's arms, at the end of the Death Star II and Anakin's life as Darth Vader.

Then I couldn't resist using it to display again standing with my Imperial Leaders including Tarkin, The Emperor, and the Royal Guard.

When I got the figure a 4th time (with Maul) I decided Vader would command my Snowtroopers and AT-AT Driver on Hoth, since they haven't done a 12" General Veers yet.

I make my rooms different planets by color-scheme, so it was an excuse to make sure I had Darth Vader in almost every room possible. He's really one of my favorite pieces in my collection to this day.

I liked the 2-pack version Vader slightly better because of the removable hand option. Also -- correct me if I'm wrong-- this version also had the chain clasp whereas the electronic Vader had the velcro like the CS version. The chain clasp makes a huge difference. What a great figure.

Tycho, that is awesome that you have more than one room to display stuff in. My stuff is all crammed into one small room. Hopefully with the sideshow statues my wife will finally see how necessary it is to display them in the living room.

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar
    I liked the 2-pack version Vader slightly better because of the removable hand option. Also -- correct me if I'm wrong-- this version also had the chain clasp whereas the electronic Vader had the velcro like the CS version. The chain clasp makes a huge difference. What a great figure.
    You're right. The Electronic one had the crappy velcro strap holding his cape on while the 2-Pack one had the cool chain like the movies. I'm glad I'll be able to get one with a chain since I don't have the two-pack one. Also, I guess this means that the Anakin figure is taller than the previous one, so that should be nice as well.

Randy

I think Anakin's head looks kinda dopey -they should have given him an angry expression. I dont like specific excprssions on figures but it would have worked in this case.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten