Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking El Chuxter presents the Official Brak Appreciation Thread, starring Brak!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, Brak rules in ways no one has ruled before or since!!!

The Brak Show isn't bad at all (as opposed to the shockingly mediocre Brak Presents the Brak Show Starring Brak that lasted all of, what, one episode), and Brak's cameos on SG:C2C are priceless (Brak conversing with Moltar about what to bring to Space Ghost's surprise birthday party is one of the pinnacles of western achievement).

But Brak's true place to shine was a series, sadly lost to the sands of time, called Cartoon Planet. Here Brak (in both his handy-dandy poses) sat around with Space Ghost and Zorak, telling random stories, singing hilarious songs that would make Weird Al jealous, reading and responding to viewer mail, and whatever else. No story, just a bunch of short skits, each funnier than the last.

Well, except for Zorak's song "Don't Send in the Clowns," which sucked. But some things about Zorak just have to suck, so he remains bitter and evil!

Anyone remember the classic "Who all here is evil? Sound off!" sketch? Or Space Ghost talking in his sleep about shopping for groceries while naked? (And the classic response to a fan letter about this, where he sang a completely unrelated song about cheese.)

Man, they just don't make shows like this anymore.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: El Chuxter presents the Official Brak Appreciation Thread, starring Brak!!!!!!!!!!!

I would prefer to comment in the "unofficial brak appreciation thread."
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Re: El Chuxter presents the Official Brak Appreciation Thread, starring Brak!!!!!!!!!!!

Brak: A True American Hero.

How can you forget the Space Ghost cds (which were the Cartoon Planet skits on cd)?
    Space Ghost's Musical Barbeque was great.

I love beans! Whoo Whoo Whoo!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

"When I eat beans, I sit in my own little cloud
    No one comes to visit me in my little cloud
    I don't know why. Maybe it's 'cuz I'm cuttin' muffins?!?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Dont touch me......
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Cartoon Planet was the best, my sister and I used to watch it when she was staying with me after she graduated high school, we even faxed 'em and emailed 'em a few times. Unfortunately, The Brak Show was not a worthy addition to the Brak universe, the writing was too junk-food-humor a la ATHF and quite 1-note, some of it was funny but it wasn't enough, and neither he nor Zorak were as great as their other shows.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: El Chuxter presents the Official Brak Appreciation Thread, starring Brak!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Brak is hilarious. Not sure why they went the direction they did with his own show but his appearances on Coast to Coast made me an instant fan.

A Brak action figure would be nice.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Re: El Chuxter presents the Official Brak Appreciation Thread, starring Brak!!!!!!!!!

They made one a few years ago.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Yeah, it was made by Toycom, I think, it's ok and still relatively easy to find, it comes with a second set of arms so you can have him posed with his arms folded.

Hi! My name is Brak!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Brak songs are priceless. That's one of the reasons I like the Brak Show along with his dad. Who doesn't love a short statured Cuban?

P.S. I like throwing pasketi at Bigfoot and Yeti
    Veronica and Betty. Don't call me Jughead!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!