Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Lightbulb EU Beasts...Vehicles

I sure like the idea of more EU figures, but i would also like to see EU creatures...like the Kryte Dragon (i dont know if it's spelled correctly) the womp rat, etc...u get the idea.

Talking YES!

VEHICLES! I want more vehicles. Like the Virago, Z-95, Aurra Sing's ship/fighter, and all the rest of 'em! By the way, it is Krayt Dragon.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

Thumbs up I am all for Expanded Universe

I would love to see things like Aurra Sing's swoop bike. I also remember reading the Tales of the Jedi and there was this one beast, some what like a rhino i guess. He was a Jedi Master. Pretty cool in my opinion.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Yes, i think the rhino is Master Thon...now that would be a cool beast Jedi...!!

The Virago...is that Xizor´s ship? That would be awesome too!!

Re: EU Beasts...Vehicles

Originally posted by Lobito
    I sure like the idea of more EU figures, but i would also like to see EU creatures...like the Kryte Dragon (i dont know if it's spelled correctly) the womp rat, etc...u get the idea.
    Euh... what does 'EU' mean, and what is the womp rat??
    Bad Taste

EU stands for expanded universe. Figures that are not in the movies, but they appear in comic books, videogames and novels.

A womp rat is a creature that lives in Tatooine. Luke makes a comment about a womp rat before the battle in the death star trench. Now, i'm not sure if we see womp rats in the special edition of a new hope (when Luke, Ben, C-3PO and R2 arrive to Mos Eisley).

Anyway, Hasbro should make a figure so we know exactly how a womp rat looks like.

This was not my thread but I'm happy to help out and answer the pressing questions of Bad Taste.

EU = Expanded Universe, the blanket term for all elements of the Star Wars Universe that occur outside of the four (soon to be five) feature films. Argueably the two Ewok TV movies, the Holiday Special, the Droids and Ewoks cartoons, and certainly every single novel from Splinter of the Mind's Eye to the present series fall neatly into this category. Also, non-movie items like "Cold Weather" Obi-Wan, Darth Maul Sith Aprentice, and the Air Speeder produced by Hasbro are part of the Expanded Universe. As far as JediCole is concerned, these are the apocrypha of the Star Wars Universe. In other words, they never happened. But to some fans these things serve to enrich George Lucas' vision and that is certainly a valid position in its own right. I have nothing against the so-called Expanded Universe, however I feel that every EU toy that comes out is produced to the exclusion of a genuine move character, beast, or vehicle that should have been produced instead.

The Womp Rat is a native animal of Tatooine that does not appear on film (though I, like so many fans, thought that it had when the Special Edition of A New Hope was released. Unfortunatly the animals seen running riot through the outer edges of Mos Eisley were officially labeled "Scurriers" instead of Womp Rats as they should have been. Why do we need a new species name for these creatures when one already existed with no prior on-screen appearance.) Luke mentions Womp Rats during the briefing before the Rebel attack fleet makes its fateful assault on the first Death Star. You see, the Star Wars Universe is rich enough on-screen without the need of the Expanded Universe.

thanx

Thank you very much JediCole, you're to kind.

So...this makes Zutton an EU-figure too, doesn't it? And the Womp Rat not.
    Bad Taste

Thumbs up

Very cool. Master Thon is who I would like to see then. Thanks for the name.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Originally posted by JediCole
    Why do we need a new species name for these creatures when one already existed with no prior on-screen appearance.
    Because the scurriers outside of Mos Eisley were creatures smaller than Yoda, while Womp Rats are bigger than 2 meters according to Luke. For those who don't know the metric system, Han Solo is about 1.8 meters tall, so if the animals getting out of the way of the landspeeder were Womp Rats at over 2 meters each, they'd have to be around half the size of the landspeeder itself.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.