Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

STAR WARS SAGA in 3D !! -- 2007.

Lucas is planning to release his entire Star Wars trilogy in 3D for the 30th anniversary in 2007...

Saw the above in a statement made after Texas Instruments released their new #D Projector in Las Vegas.

WOW -- This would be SWEET!!

Any comments ??
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

Re: STAR WARS SAGA in 3D !! -- 2007.

Dear god let's hope this goes through without a hitch. I'd love to see these movies in 3-D. Hopefully it'll be at Imax theaters.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

This could be spectacular (especially if it's in IMAX), but how many "corrections" will he sneak in?

BTW, this is more a "Classic Trilogy" thread than a "Hasbro Saga" one. Would a Senator with the power to relocate it do so, purty please?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yes it would be sweet.

Sorry Chux, I only cover Tatooine, Dantooine and Endor...my powers are useless with out the red sun of Krypton inthese parts.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Not only would I enjoy seeing them in 3D but movies in the theaters means toys in the aisles. It would definately prolong the hobby a bit.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I'll have to see the technology in action before I give this a thumbs-up, I remember TPM projected digitally back in '99 when the technology just wasn't up to the task (it looked like an artifacty DVD, and it had good colors but weak black-depth, and that was the TI DLP one, the other one was far more putrid). If it can look really good without having to don glasses, I'm there, but if it's halfarsed I'll still be there but not as enthusiasticly.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't see how he could change the current movies into 3D as it takes 2 cameras to create the depth of field. It isn't a matter of shifting the current images to give the proper depth in a 3D field as they would look like 2D cutouts in a 3D world. The human form is waaaayyy too complex to properly shift the surface properly artificially to give it a proper 3D image. Can you imagine how impossible it would be to alter the Speederbike scene to 3D with all the complexity of the forest? He could extract the actors and bikes from the background and create the forest with 3D but that still wouldn't tackle the issue of the actors.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Just take computers and reprocess the scenes in the computer into a pair so everything's askew from one set to the other in this new pair, the closer to the camera's focus to an item the more askew one set's becomes - it's just that simple! Seriously though, Lucas will do it with computers, if you want more details, he'll say "ILM".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm not a big fan of 3D and wouldn't be excited for that reason, but it WOULD be cool if it gets the movies back in theaters again.

The first 3D movie I saw was the 1950's "It Came From Outer Space". A local theater was showing it in the early 1980's complete with the very cool blue/red 3D glasses. I would love to see another 3D movie as the technology is a fun novelty. Obviously GL is talking about 3D that isn't the old blue/red offset which I haven't seen yet. I wish that they would offer those old 3D movies on DVD. Now that would be awesome.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.