Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ROTS Droid Tri-Fighter.

Just found this one along with 2 other sets. Mustafar(Final Battle) and ARC 170. 30 and 40 respectively on prices. FOund at Kmart, the droid fighter is 16 bucks, but they had 10% off. I am gonna snap it together ina bit, soi willreview it for ya.
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 03-18-2005 at 09:38 PM.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: ROTS Droid Tri-Fighter.

Okay, here the the rundown...

A quick put together, less than an hour. Lots of repeating steps. Decent size, fits in palm of hand basically. Has the Buzz Droid in the middle. Lots of little tedious pieces. Can give ya a headache if tired. I think its worht the money. Paid 14.39(after sale price) for 148 pieces. Bought at Kmart so deduct a buck for Wm prices. Here are some pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tri droid box.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	10562   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	droid in hand.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	10563   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tri dorid 1.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	10564   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tri droid 2.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	10565   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tri droid 3.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	10566  

thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Thanks for the pics, KH. It looks like a really nice piece.
    I may pick one up for myself.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Is it strong or kinda wobbly? I still don't trust the click-hinges after 6 years. Does the central sphere stay closed on its own well? Man I gotta get to Kmart.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The sphere stays closed well. It is sturdy enugh tostand some pressure, but not alot. The hinges seem alot tighter than the older sets have had. The Buzz Droid goes in the sphere...here is a pic of it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buzz Droid.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	10567  

Doesn't look to bad. The small size agrees with me as I don't have much display space anymore. When I get some surplus funds I'll have to pick up all of the Legos.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

cant wait to put this one together....my favirote out of all the ones ive put together so far is probably the Grevious chase.

PS: I scored all the sets xcept lightsaber duel and vader transformation at my local meijer. Thank god for illiterate people

Heres some pics of the new sets ive made so far-Just incase you havent seen them yet.

(I think the pic sizes were too big to attach to this post, so here are some links instead )

ARC 10 wings open

ARC 10 above view

Grevious Chase

Clone Walker

I just picked up the Driod tri Fighter and the ARC-170 at K-Mart they also had the the Battle set there was also a Bogo and Scout Trooper Deluxe sets on shelf but did not get them yet.

Real nice sets. I like the Boga and Grievous bike. I wanna see the Wookie Catamaran.