Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking NCAA Tourney '05

What? No basketball thread yet? With all these upsets (#3 Kansas, #4 Syracuse, #5 'Bama, etc.) and crappy seedings (Pitt as a #9? ), I'd have thought there'd be more interest. Chalk up another year where those pesky #16s might hang in there for a spell, but no #1 has yet to fall in round one.

My Final Four still has three left (OK State, N.Carolina, and Wake F., with only da 'Cuse bowing out). I was 23 for 33 in opening week games, but I don't enter any contests or pools. Only for fun.

Talk hoops, people!
    "That's what Sheev said."

Re: NCAA Tourney '05

My bracket got shot to hell last night with Cuse and Kansas bowing out. MY FInals are set still though...Ariz. Gonzaga, NC and Duke.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

My bracket is in the trash, but its ok because I did not do a money pool. At this point I am just interested in watching Carolina try to get their 5th National Championship.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Thought it was bad this moring. Gonzaga and Wake really trashed my bracket..... pssssshhhhhttttttttttt
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

not much is left of my bracket either. now all i have to cheer for this year is whoever is playing NC, as any jayhawk would.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jax
    now all i have to cheer for this year is whoever is playing NC, as any jayhawk would.
    Bitter about Roy leaving??

The man gave 15 years of his heart and soul at KU, and now when he comes home to UNC the KU fans start hating him and Carolina?
    Perhaps the problem was not Roy all along. KU got exposed by Bucknell and now the country knows what they are...a subpar team, thats it.
    Last edited by JetsAndHeels; 03-20-2005 at 06:56 AM.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Quote Originally Posted by JangoFett96
    Bitter about Roy leaving??

The man gave 15 years of his heart and soul at KU, and now when he comes home to UNC the KU fans start hating him and Carolina?
    Perhaps the problem was not Roy all along. KU got exposed by Bucknell and now the country knows what they are...a subpar team, thats it.
    If the situation had been reversed Carolina fans would rightfully be bitter as well, so let's have a little more charity. I seem to remember how UNC treated a kind old man (Gutheridge) who had given over twenty years of his life to the university and rode him out on a rail when they thought they could snag Williams 6 years ago.

Don't worry Darth Jax, everybody gets snuck up on sometimes. You just hope it is in your season opener against Santa Clara rather than against Bucknell in the tourney. Doesn't mean UNC or KU is subpar.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

at the start of the season i had high hopes for the jayhawks. when you end the season losing 5 of the last 8, reality starts to set in. the jayhawks always have a good team, but rarely have that special player that can just take over a game.

what made roy's leaving such a difficult pill for KU fans to swallow was he had the chance to leave a couple years earlier and professed that he'd rather remain a jayhawk. at that time it was pretty much widely assumed that he'd head home to NC, and yet he chose to stay. fast forward a couple of years and he closes down the shop and disappears from town in the middle of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000
    If the situation had been reversed Carolina fans would rightfully be bitter as well, so let's have a little more charity. I seem to remember how UNC treated a kind old man (Gutheridge) who had given over twenty years of his life to the university and rode him out on a rail when they thought they could snag Williams 6 years ago.
    I meant no offense to Darth Jax. If I came across too aggresively I apologize.
    About Gutheridge, you are right. Carolina showed him the door once another opportunity came open, but it was for Matt Doherty. Coach Doherty did fine in his first year, but things got rough after that. It was clear that things were not going too smooth in his time after that first season, and when the opportunity to get Roy was there, it got done. I can't argue with the decision at all...Roy is a great coach who is very dedicated and hard working. Things just didn't work out too well for Gutheridge and Doherty. To their credit, they both had to follow in the steps of Dean Smith, which is a hard act to follow for any coach.

This years tourney is just another reason why you have to love college ball. I'm not a fan but I've caught several regular season games and several tourney games and in no other sport do you or will you ever see bottom of the barrel teams beat the cream of the crop teams. That's why whenever I do my brackets I always pick at least 2-3 games that everyone laughs at because it's just ridiculous. I'll admit that my bracket got thrown in the garbage last night because I lost I think 2 of my final four teams.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!