View Poll Results: Where are you buying toys on April 2nd?

Voters
324. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toys R Us

107 33.02%
  • Wal-mart

118 36.42%
  • Target

77 23.77%
  • K-mart

3 0.93%
  • Other

19 5.86%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Where are you buying toys on April 2nd?

April 2nd, 2005, is the official release of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith merchandise across the country. Lego and Hasbro have large amounts of ROTS products already in store warehouses waiting for the big release date. Some stores will be doing another "Midnight Madness" opening on April 1st while others will open their stores at regular hours but with special events. 2 chains even have their own exclusive Hasbro figures which will go on sale that day and supplies of which are already expected to dry up quickly. Some stores are even giving out coupons and other price incentives to convince Star Wars collectors to buy the swag there and save a few bucks.

So which chain are you expecting to focus on for your toy-buying needs this April 2nd?

Re: Where are you buying toys on April 2nd?

TRU for sure.
    It's become a tradition of sorts.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I'm going wally world all the awy on this one. They got the far lower prices, more stores i can run around to and i'll get my employee discount, which i'll DEFINATELY need. Should be a fun night though!! Midnight Madness, here i come!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I voted for "Other".

I'll hit Wally World(s) at midnight,
    Target at 8:00 am,
    then TRU (if necessary),
    then K-Mart (if necessary),
    then KayBee (if necessary),
    and finally, Shopko (if necessary).

If I hit'em all, it'll be about 275 miles.

Whew!
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

i think i will hit target first just so i can get the exclusive Vader(lava) figure. but i usually go to TRU. i used to work there, so i have a friend that is going to hold all the figures for him and me. it's good to know people.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

I'll try to get to Target the morning of April 2 to get my claim ticket for the Lava Darth Vader exclusive. But, I'm sure I'll go by my two Wal-Mart Supercenters in town and get some things on the Midnight Madness sale on April 1. Then, I'll hit the one Toys 'R Us store in town last. So it will go like this for me:
    1. Wal-Mart Supercenter #1 - midnight madness
    2. WM Supercenter #2 - midnight madness
    3. Target - morning of April 2 for Lava Darth Vader exclusive
    4. Toys 'R Us for any other things I didn't find at the above stores that I want.

I'll be hitting TRU, WM, and Target but since I'll hit TRU first and spend the most money there that's what I voted for. I'll go there for the MM, then at 8 head over to Target for the exclusive Vader, then possibly later in the afternoon go to WM to get whatever I may need or just to check out the tent sale.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I'm doing Wal-Mart in my own town at midnight, then if I feel ambitious I will travel north for an hour and 15 minutes to the Target where my sister works to get that Vader but if I'm too tired, she'll coup one for me anyway.

Hey JT, what's the other exclusive ? I only know of the Targy figgie . . .

I am hitting Target for Lava Vadetr then heading to WM for the rest.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Hey JT, what's the other exclusive ? I only know of the Targy figgie . . .
    This is JT's twin brother except that I look alot better, am taller, and I decided to stay in the womb for 6 years longer. Just letting you know that the other exclusive is the TRU Holo Yoda.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!