Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Spider-Man 3- let the hype begin!

The villian has now been cast: Thomas Haden Church. You'll recognize him as Paul Giomatti's buddy in "Sideways."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/sp...ws.php?id=2758

Although it has yet to be announced what villian he'll play, the net is already alive with chatter of who he'll be playing, folks are leaning towards Sandman or maybe Venom, but who the hell knows?!

I've included a pic too. Let the speculation begin!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	haden.gif 
Views:	120 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	10588  
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Re: Spider-Man 3- let the hype begin!

I really don't know who he could play, maybe Sandman?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Maybe Mysterio or Rhino or Electro (or the less popular shocker), as well as Sandman.. not vulture, at least, and hopefully not Venom either
    I would say electro or rhino, though
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

maybe he'll play Lowell, the sadistic airplane mechanic who kills Aunt Bee.

Venom needs to show up at some point, but the way they've constructed the first two movies, there has to be at least one full movie of setup. I could see him playing Eddie Brock, possibly while Spidey takes on the Hobgoblin (come on, you know he's going to be in it) and deals with a parasitic living costume. . . .
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by sam raimi
    Thomas Haden Church will be a fantastic and challenging new nemesis and we all look forward to working with him.
    i wouldn't want venom to appear all-of-a-sudden just like that, but he does look the part...

i'm voting for shocker, or sandman. oooo! maybe mysterio! that would be pretty cool!
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Mysterio is my top choice. He has the potential to be really cool on film.

Well, Venom is actually my top choice, but that needs at least a 1 movie set-up, IMO. Intro the suit and Eddie in 3 (with Eddie acquiring the suit when Spidey gets rid of it), and then Venom in 4.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Well I sure can't envision him portraying Eddie Brock basically because that guy was freakin' huge. Same goes for Rhino and Sandman, my guess would be the Vulture even though my interest in seeing that charcter on screen is minimal at best. Great actor though.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    Mysterio is my top choice. He has the potential to be really cool on film.

Well, Venom is actually my top choice, but that needs at least a 1 movie set-up, IMO. Intro the suit and Eddie in 3 (with Eddie acquiring the suit when Spidey gets rid of it), and then Venom in 4.
    If he turns out to be Eddie Brock I don't think we will get a whole movie for setup. It would probably be set up in the 2 part act we received in the first two movies.

Spiderman->Act I: Establish Peter Parker and Norman Osbourne's origins, Act II: Have Peter and Green Goblin duke it out.

Spiderman 2->Act I: Establish Otto Octavius's origin & setup a conflict with Peter's interests, Act II: Solve Peter's conflict and duke it out with Doctor Octopus.

Spiderman 3->Act I: Establish Eddie Brock and alien symbiote's origins while Peter has the symbiote, Act II: Have Peter duke it out with Venom after ridding himself of the symbiote.

Don't have any idea if that is where they are going, but if it isn't, I can see this guy as being a decent Quentin Beck. He just needs a pony tail.
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 03-25-2005 at 03:33 AM.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

My honest hope-beyond-hope is that VENOM gets his own franchise so that he doesn't mess up what is a perfectly good Silver Age Spiderman arc

Maybe he could be the Terrible Tinkerer... or maybe the guy has been cast as "Fancy Dan", who would fit the bill as "fantastic and challenging"

I was talking with a buddy yesterday and we both agreed that the next film would be best served with Hobgoblin being still the "behind the scenes" character, and the actual fighting Villain/s in this film would be more like hired thugs(none of whom would actually be able to beat Spidey, natch), which would leave the door open for hobgoblin getting really frustrated and going all out in Spiderman 4 (hopefully opening the door for the Sinister Six- I have a feeling that Doc Ock isn't as dead as the audience was led to believe, Marvel-style)

It really seems that the "personal" part of Spiderman's motivation is based on the Osbourne connection, and to try and bring in Venom would be difficult at best, as it could only really happen after the whole Peter Parker/Harry Osborn thing has worked itself out...

I mean, I personally feel that there is not enought "space" in the series for such a tangential plot as Venom to be fully realized without screwing up the excellent foundation built in the first movie, much more personal than the Lovecraftian "cosmic horror" themes that would accompany Venom....

On top of that "scholarly" dissertation, I really, truly belive that Venom was the worst thing to ever happen to Spiderman (I know he's popular with a whole new generation and all that, and brought new readers and everything, but without the context of the Secret Wars I think it would be a stupid, "unrealistic" thing to try to incorporate into the films)

And I hates Venom, did I say that ?????
    Last edited by mabudonicus; 03-25-2005 at 08:41 AM.
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.