ERTL/AMT Star Wars Model Kits Return

I was in TRU this morning and I spotted new ERTL/AMT Star Wars model kits on the shelves. The larger kits were the Death Star (first one) and the Millennium Falcon, both $20. Smaller kits included a Snowspeeder, AT-ST, and X-Wing; all $13 each. These are new for 2005 but it's the first time I've seen them.

I checked the company's website and they have a full list with release dates for other Star Wars kits. Check it out!

ERTL/AMT Official Star Wars Site

Re: ERTL/AMT Star Wars Model Kits Return

Which asile did you find them in?

I'm a huge fan of model kits. I spend no less than 2-3 months working on one so as I can get it as 'screen' accurate as possible! I'm going to be doing some TIE Fighters next!

Who's doing the Model Kits for Epsiode III? If its ERTL/AMT their list is incomplete.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Hmm... well, my TRU still has the old floorplan and I believe the kits were located in the R/C vehicle aisle.

ERTL/AMT's license may only include kits based on the original trilogy. There is a thread in the MicroMachine section that has information on ROTS pre-painted snap-model kits by Revell though:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=27175

Not sure if they will be released in the US or not. The domestic market for model kits has declined in recent years.

My ToysRUs finally stocked them! I think they're great! They also had the Death Star Model as well. Doesnt look too detailed but neat none the less. A Customizer could do a lot more with it.

I'd like to do the Millennium Falcon but I've got 2 models in the shop already...

I've overhauling a busted up (and very badly painted) AT-AT Model that I made like 12 years ago when I was in Middle School. Originally I painted it a dark, gloss grey (Blah!!) w/ thick rust streaks. It was well built but painted horribly. I've repainted it and am adding all the custom details I've learned over the years. Its not finished yet but looks soo much better now.

I'm also working on a set of Classic TIE Fighters, but having problems locating the right blue/grey color that they are. So thats taking a little longer than I like.

Just wondering what scale most of these models are. ARe any in scale to the 3/4 figs (speeders, etc) or maybe action fleet?

The scales range. The AT-AT I'm working on is probably (more accurately) to scale with the Micro Machines mini-figures. I've also done Slave I and Luke's X-Wing which are about scale to eachother but not at all to Hasbro action figures. The Millennium Falcon is a bigger model kit, very detailed but larger than most of them.

Hey! It looks like Slave I and the Bikerscout on Speederbike are up next!