Action Features - the new ones seem to be cool - post your thoughts if you tried them

I'm actually impressed. I got the figures early (most of them anyway) and have them loose.

Obi-Wan's (Mustafar) spinning roundhouse kick works really well. I love playing with this feature.

Trade Federation Ship Anakin and Obi-Wan have nice and variable lightsaber moves that result in different slices if they are double-or-single-handling their lightsabers.

The shooting bowcaseter stuff with the Wookiees I could live without, but it doesn't upset me - and the Super Battle Droid came with a "for display arm" besides that giant bazooka arm we saw packaged with the droid the last time around.

Yoda is not too poseable and the spinning attack works about half the time. It's ok, but here I'd have more to complain about than how they did Anakin and Obi-Wan.

R2D2 I haven't opened yet. I guess the novelty of opening any R2D2 toy after something like 15 different versions of him over the years wears off on ya.

Vader looks awesome, but I only needed 1 figure for my scenes, so I'm not opening him until I want to take my "Temporary Carded Wall" down in 2006 (I put carded versions of the newest movie figures up on the wall to appreciate them for a few months because I don't collect carded in the end run of things)

Anakin Mustafar #1 (Figure 28, not 50) is also a great figure. His action feature's more simple than AOTC Dooku's, but he totally doesn't suffer for it.

The figures look better, are more poseable, and conceal action features that actually work better than any figures we've ever gotten before.

Nice job Hasbro!

Re: Action Features - the new ones seem to be cool - post your thoughts if you tried them

R2's gimmick sucks, the 3rd leg is too long and not removable thanks to it, and the actual gimmick is like a very wimpy karate chop out the top of his head (it does look better when you turn the head to the side though). It's too bad because the leg jets are kinda neat, the dome has a good sculpt to it, and I dig R2 figures generally.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.