Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tattoos and other Star Wars items you collect

I just wanted to open discussion as a change of pace,for all the other items out there that folks may collect. I myself love to collect body ink (tattoos as you can see by the nickname) as my next favorite besides the figures. I also collect a lot of paintings from various artists such as those that were at the C3 last month.
    Anyone that reads this please let me know what you like to collect besides figures. I figure all this talk of not finding figures as fast as we would like needs to be mellowed out by something else for a while.
    [b]FOREVER INKED! FOREVER STAR WARS![/b]

Re: Tattoos and other Star Wars items you collect

I like "odd" stuff. I love my Darth Tater more than any Star Wars action figure I own. And my Yoda mug from 7-11. Weird stuff like that makes collecting fun.

BTW, welcome to the boards. Also, it's nice to see someone else from "The Murder Mitten" on here. I'm only an hour and a half north on 127 from you in Mt. Pleasant.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Yeah, I have a couple of tats...one SW tat and a superman tat. They do get addictive...when you leave the parlor you want another one.

As far as the other things I collect, I guess one would be the card sets. I have about 5 or 6 SW card sets, a few of the Superman/Smallville sets and my sports card collection. All of them are fun and rewarding to collect.

I also have some art....nothing Star Wars, but some drawings from my favorite Superman artists and things like that.

I also treasure my autographed photos of SW actors. My most favorite is my pic of Boba Fett from ESB auto'd by Bulloch where he personalized it to me with the following: "Steven, stay on the dark side!! Jeremy Bulloch."

I also like the star wars t-shirts. These aren't ultra rare or anything, but whenever I wear one out somewhere I get comments and things from other fans. It's always a good way to mingle and talk with other people who enjoy SW.
    Last edited by JetsAndHeels; 06-16-2005 at 03:24 PM.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I have two tat's, one Stormtrooper, the other the Imperial insignia with my 501st Stormtrooper ID# under it in aurabush (sp?). I like to collect cool signs, posters, promotional stuff. My biggest "odd" collectible is the Taco Bell banner from the Special Editions that was never hung up. I ate at the bell so much trying to win the prizes, that the manager told me I could have the banner, he also gave me a brand new shirt that the employees wear. I also collect Cubs stuff, being from the Chicagoland area.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

i have the imperial and rebel symbols tattooed on my wrists. they are combined with my sleaves that i have. but i plan on getting a "Sith" leg piece in the future.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

About the only weird thing I collect and neat little promotional stuff,mainly just the vinyl pieces,window clings and cardboard headers.I also like collecting the comics and books,but thats far for being complete.

I'd like to get a Star Wars tattoo.Either the Jedi shield I have seen in pin form,or perhaps the Star Wars logo itself with a lightsaber underneath.Still trying to decide between the two.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

No SW tats yet. That comment about " when you leave the parlor you want another one" was not true for me. Mine hurt like a Mother F er! I was going to go with Jabba's tat. It's something a non fan would think was cool and not know it's SW. I don't really want to advertise. I'm not one to go to the parlor and pick a tat from the books on the counter. The one that I have was designed by me. It's not fancy, but I put some thought into it.

Other items I collect are T-shirts, some card sets, posters that I don't have the wall space for, concept art and busts.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    That comment about " when you leave the parlor you want another one" was not true for me. Mine hurt like a Mother F er!
    Mine hurt too!! I was just saying I remember leaving and thinking to myself, "Gee self...I should do this again sometime in the future."
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JangoFett96
    Mine hurt too!! I was just saying I remember leaving and thinking to myself, "Gee self...I should do this again sometime in the future."
    Yeah I know what you mean. I sometimes want another, but I can't decide what I want next. It has to really mean something to me.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

as much as I love SW i dont think i could live with myself having a SW tattoo....