Hybrid View

The Truce at Bakura

While I'm not ready to do more Rogue's Galleries, I've been reading - or rather rereading what I want.

I decided to read ALL the post-Jedi straight through right into New Jedi Order. I'm using the Essential Chronology's ordering in the back, to determine my read order.

Started with Tales from Jabba's Palace and learned Ephont Mon, Tessek, and Bib Fortuna survived - but only Ephont didn't end up with their brain in a B'Omarr Monk Jar though.

Then I reread Han Solo's Journal and Mara Jade, followed by Boba Fett's adventures in the Bounty Hunter Wars. Let's just say I haven't been bored. Then Fett: Agent of Doom.

Next to most of these, I preferred Truce at Bakura and Shadows of the Empire: Evolution. They were much better written than I recall. Once you get used the Ssi-ruu and the entenchment idea (with a pretty big leap of faith), you get a pretty cool story.

Now I'm reading all the Rogue Squadron Comics. Mike Stackpole is always awesome -whether he's writing his books - or the comics!

Thumbs up

Yep, the Truce at Bakura takes off just moments after the end of ROTJ, so there are no facts u need to know b4 u read the book.

All in all, its a good read and a good place to start if u are to read all the books after ROTJ.
    As always...........L

Exclamation

When I have the time,

Long pause.
    Longer pause.
    Longest pause.

... I plan to read all the post-ROJ novels, too. But I'll probably wait until after E3 comes out, so EVERYTHING will make sense. TOB is okay, when you consider it's really the first new novel to draw in the classic trilogy. Zahn's trilogy was a bit self-contained, being years in the future.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(