Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Toy Fair/Jedi Master Points

Steve,

What are the chances of finally getting to the bottom of this whole
    point system while you chat with Hasbro reps.? Why should any of us hold on to the points we've collected for the last three years, when chances are, IF we ever have an opportunity to use them, we will probably be required to provides cash register receipts dated no sooner than 1/01/02 or some other current date (in order to force us to buy up the TONS of Duros/Ketwol/etc. figures warning the pegs currently.

Please ask if the opportunity arises. If I can't use what I already have, I sure could use the drawer space currently occupied by stacks of points and receipts.

i heard we have to cash our jedi points in for the new euro dollar. with that, then you can buy a crappy plastic statue with the star wars name on it.

I would love for Hasbro to offer a new or prior army builder figure as a mail-in. Change the offering quarterly. Mail in 100 points, and they send you the figure. Limit one per customer.

They could ask for prior receipts, just to see what stores are doing with figure clearances. Might influence them to control retail at about $4.99-$5.99 (Wouldn't you love to buy a SW figure for under minimum wage?)

I will bring it up again. Each time I ask, they just tell me to hang onto them... maybe to start a fire with or something...
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Exclamation Soylent Green is People!

Jedi Points is Midichlorians!

No really. It makes sense. The more Jedi points you have means that you control the Force more. These things (points) didn't start showing up until the Midi's did. They have to be one and the same. I'm up to, like 700 or something. How many Points do I need to collect until I get to move stuff around?

Hasbro is just going to let us to continue to think that there is a possibility that the points will eventually be used, but in reality will never be.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Remember they were used here! Hopefully Hasbro will have another promotion here so I can get rid of them all
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

GNT,

Humor me if you would. What type of promotion was available in Australia? This is the first I've heard of it.

The promotion we had here was do with the points,Hasbro sent you a jedi card with 3 differerent Jedi levels on it,they also sent you a poster in which you had to answer the quesions,if you got the questions right you moved to the next level and got a sticker to put on the card to show your at that stage they also sent you some prizes along the way like a eyring(I got Maul),An EP1 beanbag (I got Qui Gon )etc... If you passed the last stage you got the EP1 Jedi Braid set w/holographic starship(Most sites refer it as the Australian exclusive) and Obi-wan w/gungan sub toy,You did have to pay $4 for shipping though but the packages you get were huge and feeled with goodies!

I sent some pictures into SGG awhile ago of the card and that so I'll find them and post themhere

here
    Last edited by GNT; 01-06-2002 at 09:29 PM.
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Very cool. I guess something is better than nothing; I have yet to find any Obi-Wan/Subs in St. Louis. While not a piece I can't live without, still an elusive piece. Thanks for the info.

Looks like I'm off to the Super Bowl again. Go Rams!