Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Target $1 Off Coupon Question

Did anybody get one of these yet? The reason I ask is that I was wondering if there is any text on the coupon saying "No reproductions accepted" or anything like that? Apparently the coupon is just a red card with no barcode. The people at the register will have a piece of paper to scan the discount.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Target $1 Off Coupon Question

Havent seen one yet. Supposed to be in the FLyer on 4/1 or something.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I received mine in the mail this afternoon.

The coupon comes on a plastic-coated cardstock flyer about 10 inches by 7 inches. On one side is a red, yellow, and orange-hued picture of Anakin and Obi-Wan in the duel, with lava rising up in the foreground. On the other side is the addressing info and the coupon, which you peel off the flyer. The side facing you has the Star Wars logo with the Target logo underneath it. Peel it off to reveal a picture of the exclusive Vader figure (which looks an awful lot like the original POTF2 Vader with lava glow painted on, if you ask me) on the flyer.

The flip side of the coupon reads "Present this at Target on April 2 to receive $1 off every Star Wars action figure purchased. Good only on 4/2/2005."

There is a note to the cashier to find the Coupon Scan Sheet at their register to execute the offer. There is no mention of any purchase limits on either the coupon or the flyer.
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Do you have a Target Visa? Or a regular Visa? On Galactic Hunter, they said it's for "Target guests and Visa holders" or something like that. My mom has a Visa, so hopefully I'll get that in the mail. I guess I'll see.

DAmn, I want one. Hopefully I can grab one somewhere.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

My wife and I both have Visa cards, but not Target Visas by any means.

I couldn't honestly tell you why I got this. A brand, brand new Target just opened up down the road, so maybe this is something they are doing in the area. Who knows.

I just hope there aren't that many people there on the 2nd. I am going to be pretty damned tired after hitting MM at TRU, so I am not going to be very patient with scalpers and other competition. I just want to get my Vader, get my figures, and get out so I can hit Wal-Mart and then go home and get some real sleep.
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Oddly enough, I got this card in the mail today, and it was addressed to me. I have no idea how they got my address, as I don't have a Visa or anything . . . maybe it's from the Fan Club?

I'm not in the Fan Club, either.

I addressed this in the thread where I posted pics of the Target Lava Vader I picked up today (they pegged them early), but Vader cost me $7.49.

I remember reading that basic figure prices were going up - if this is what Target is going to be charging per figure, then those $1 off coupons don't really mean much, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Scackmgack
    I'm not in the Fan Club, either.

I addressed this in the thread where I posted pics of the Target Lava Vader I picked up today (they pegged them early), but Vader cost me $7.49.

I remember reading that basic figure prices were going up - if this is what Target is going to be charging per figure, then those $1 off coupons don't really mean much, do they?
    I doubt every figure will cost that much. I believe Target is $5.99 and WM is $5.24 or something like that.

I bet that Vader was more expensive because of his case and "limited availability."

I should be getting mine anytime now. My mom's a frequent Target Shopper, I bet its just late, cuz they had to ship it from Target HQ.