Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Big things are in store for Asajj Ventress. . . .

Mark my words. I don't know what, but something is in the works with this character.

She's one of a very small number of EU characters to gain massive appeal throughout fandom, joining the closely-knit ranks of Mara Jade, Corran Horn, and Grand Admiral Thrawn.

But that has very little to do with why I make the statement that big things are coming for her.

Rumors of her demise in Clone Wars: Episode 19 are greatly exaggerated. She's popped up many times since, chronologically speaking, in books and comics. A second supposed duel to the death with Anakin ensued months later on Coruscant, but there have been reports of her being sighted since. (Obi-Wan is currently investigating these reports in Obsession, which is billed as "The Must-Read Prelude to Revenge of the Sith," despite its not being all that closely linked to the movie.)

Over the next few months, it looks like we have another 3.75" Asajj figure to look forward to, as well as her being immortalized as the first EU figure to make it into the Unleashed line. There has to be a reason for both of those being produced rather than, say, a 3.75" Corran Horn or an Unleashed Mara Jade.

Perhaps more telling, an interview with a rep of Dark Horse comics in the Insider a while back specifically stated that, of the two original Clone Wars villains (Asajj Ventress and Durge), one would die prior to ROTS, and the other would survive the events of ROTS to play an unexpected role in the early years of the Empire.

Well, folks, Durge just died in Obsession. He was shot into a star by Anakin, who was having one of his occasional Dark Side moments.

Asajj has some major role yet to play. Books, comics, maybe television. I have no idea what, but she certainly bears watching.

Maybe the idealist buried deep within her will become disgusted when she discovers that the Clone Wars she's been involved in have been nothing but a ruse to cement the power of the most corrupt representative of the Republic, and she becomes one of the early Rebels?

Maybe she even turns out to be Mara's mother. . . ? No reason for the EU to abandon the "convenient coinkidink factor" the prequels have established.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 03-25-2005 at 05:48 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Big things are in store for Asajj Ventress. . . .

Interesting, good detective work Chux. I must admit, I bought the non-animated CW figure and that was a total joy, cool design, great accessories, fantastic articulation - a real EU reward that got me to buy the animated one on super-clearance (yes, I bought 1 figure SPECIFICALLY because of another ). And she's not some crazy-looking super-alien with a ton of gelatinous tenticles or a massive cranium, she's just a pale bald woman who dabbles in the Dark Jedi arts. To be honest, I would definitely have preferred her over Darth Maul in TPM.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I would hope she does, I like the character. I want to get her unleashed and she looks cool in that battle pack
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Wasn't the first EU character to get an unleashed figure Alaya Securia? (spelling?) She started in the Republic comic series as Quinlan Vos's padawan way back when...

BUt she was also in the movies, so she dont count. Asajj is straight EU.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Maybe she's gonna replace Darth Action Figure.. errrr "Maul" in TPM v 2.0, JT, that would make everything better...

And Chux, sounds like you been talking to snigtad too much
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Asajj is cool looking, but she is so very boring to read/watch, but she wasn't as lame a Durge. They should have killed both of them off in th Clone Wars.
    But it would have been cool to actually see her as the new Sith in AOTC, instead of the crusty old Dooku.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    Asajj is cool looking, but she is so very boring to read/watch, but she wasn't as lame a Durge. They should have killed both of them off in th Clone Wars.
    But it would have been cool to actually see her as the new Sith in AOTC, instead of the crusty old Dooku.
    First off, Christopher Lee is plays the role of Dooku to a T. He displays the cunning and insight of a former jedi twisted with sith ideals, manipulation and thirst for power. Asajj could not have filled that void if the two were replaced. I also think that Maul had more potental and pretty muched saved the first movie. Asaji strikes me more as female version of Anakin, but lacking most of the virtures that make him powerful. She seemes to be more of a test or training tool for Anakin than anything else. Something Sidious can watch his devlelopment with...... I also doubt she is Mara's mother. Mara is human, Asajj is not. BUT i do belive Asajj's ship could wind up being the ship leaving the dark presence on Dagobah.
    Sigh... For once in my life i have nothing to say...

I agree there is something in store for Asajj. However, there is one problem with her development after ROTS, she is a Jedi killer, plain and simple. It's what drives her, at least as far as the novels are concerned. Her hatred burns for them, everone else is just another casualty. Refrence her comments is Dark Rendevous.

SPOILER

So if all the Jedi are slaughtered in ROTS, where does that leave her?
    May the force be with you.

Shes a Dark Disciple(sp?) so I say Asajj would do work like Mara Jade,as a Emperor's Hand or some similar role in the Empire.It would make sense to keep her around,all the Jedi just cant die that quick.Perhaps she must hunt them down and destroy those who escaped through hiding.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!