Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Star Wars Evolution sets

EE has just posted preorders for the Evolution sets, the iunclude Anakin to Vader, and Clone Troopers.

Link 1

Link 2

The Anakin is:
    Anakin to Darth Vader (Pack 1) featuring Anakin Skywalker (Episode II), Anakin Skywalker (Episode III), and Darth Vader (Vintage)

and Clone:
    Clone Trooper to Sandtrooper (Pack 2) featuring Clone Trooper (Episode II), Clone Trooper (Episode III) and Sandtrooper
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: Star Wars Evolution sets

They should have stuck 'E1 Anakin' in their as an accessory.
    They need to do a bunch of these, I'd take a Palpatine and Jar Jar.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I am sure there will be more.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Am I the only one to think these Evolution sets...well...suck??? These are just rehashes and will probably only benefit people who missed these figures the first time around. I've had a Palpatine "Evolution" set of my own for a couple months now. Senator and AOTC Chancellor flanking Emperor with Sidious Unleashed behind them. Just used what I have and didn't spend $15 or $20 on a rehash set. When I have the space, I can easily do the same with Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme, Senate/Royal Guards, etc.

Sorry if I come off as cranky and overly-critical, but I'm just getting so sick of rehashed figures--especially in the last SW movie year ever.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

I think they suck.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Hopping on board with the these-things-suck opinions. Looks like Hasbro had a ton of figs returned or not sold & had to get them out of the warehouse. So someone said . . . hey, we could package 3 figures everyone already has into a new & cheap box, call them Evolutions, throw some lava on the outside & a maybe cheesy plastic base inside. Collectors will buy them! Woo Hoo!

But I will also say that an army builder may like the Clone/Storm one, especially if the base (which I am assuming it comes with) is cool. $20 for 3 figs + a base is not all that bad.

Still, gotta say they suck.
    "Watch out for that guy over there. Every time new figures come out he wishes for an "anatomically correct" Padme. He went crazy looking for the Amidala without the purple stockings." -- overheard at Midnight Madness 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-Q-2
    Still, gotta say they suck.
    I think we're gonna get along just fine.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

The clone sounds good, nice army builder. Anakin/Vader sounds OK, will wait to see that in poerson before passing a final judgement, but the clone set I will buy, maybe a few.

Meh, hopefully these are new figures. If not, they're skippable.

As KH said, the Clone set sounds like a good army builder.

Why oh why does it go from Clone- to Sand- trooper? It should be Clone- to STORM- trooper.

And that Anakin-to-Darth one should be EP1, EP2, EP3, Vintage Darth. Not including EP1 doesn't make sense to me.

Good job Hasbro.