Thread: Deluxe Grievous

Deluxe Grievous

Just found a pic of this, sorry if it has been posted. It is sweet, comes with some extra sabers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deluxe grievous.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	10628  
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: Deluxe Grievous

Yeah, he's pretty cool. I had him in my hands 2 weeks ago when Ghetto-Mart wouldn't sell it to me.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I scored him a few weeks ago at a K-Mart, even though I knew he was $2 higher than he should've been, and he's worth every penny!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

A few extra sabers? Heck, 4 is alot of sabers by my count. It's a decent figure and once again I love the packaging on these ROTS figures. Although if you check my posts before I saw it in person I loathed it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Thats awesome, the more lightsabers the better.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

It looks like the 4 saber attack with an extension arm or something...
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

why would you pay double to get this
    the deluxe
    http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05dlxgrievous.asp

the basic figure
    http://www.rebelscum.com/ROTS0509grievous.asp

Well thats for you to decide. I know this is getting off topic but which Darth Sid. is better the basic or the deluxe.

Thanks,
    Jimmy M

Don't know about this Grievious fella. I'll take your words on this being a well-executed figure but to me he just looks like a diner droid with a cape. T-800 he is not. Im not sure that hes actually going to be as cool as he's been hyped up to be by the advance word from McCallum&Co and the cartoon because for me he fails on looks. It seems like a case of them thinking 'hey if we say he's cool often enough people will believe it'. Also he's another one of those superfluous 'why were they never seen or referred to in the OT' characters Lucas is fond of introducing, ranking alongside Qui-gon and Binks in this category.

I suppose I should wait till I see him but the foreknowledge that hes CGI doesn't elicit much enthusiasm. I can't see them pulling off a Gollum here with what will presumably be only about 15 minutes of screentime for him in the entire feature film Star wars universe.