Arrow Lava Vader Purchased TODAY @ Target - Proof Inside

[Note - I'm just copying this thread for those of you who don't read other forums, so for those of you that do, move along - it's the same thing]

It's absolutely true - I just returned from a Target in Louisiana (March 28th @ 11:30 AM) and 12 Lava Darth Vaders were there hanging on the shelf. Additionally, the entire first case was on the shelf. I spotted Greivous, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Clone Trooper, Grievous's Bodyguard, etc. In my excitement, I quickly laid out the 12 Vader's to pick which two I liked best. I noticed many of the plastic shells were crushed and that many of the cards inside of the plastic shells were not in very good conditions. As I was doing this for about 10 minutes, another scragly-looking guy walks up and just yanks all the figures off the shelf in front of me, starts pulling the Vaders away in front of me ... all silently and without remorse. I quickly grab the two Vaders I had my eye on and proceed to the register. With a quick "I bet these won't even scan" to him, I move along.

Anyways, these babies scanned at $12.99 a pop. I am frankly very happy I got these, of course, by very ticked too because I feel bad for all the people who won't be able to get them come Saturday morning. My advice to everyone is to get to your local Targets this week at least twice to check and see if they have any doofuses like mine have putting these things out.

The figures themselves look like the POTF2 Vader with just some red paint - but they really do look great. Everyone who still collects should try to get their hands on one of these figures. I wish I had more money to get these but I checked my balance right before I got them and it was a whopping $32 and I just spent $28.32 getting these figs. The rest of my secret stash is going to this weekend's Wal-Mart and Toys 'R Us.

If I missed anything let me know. Again, they scanned fine - but there were NO PRICES ON ANYTHING. I think these things were JUST put out either last night or just today. There were only 12 out there and they took up 2 rings and filled both completely, so they looked untouched. Perhaps they ARE saving SOME. I am considering calling the manager or going down there to tell them to remove them b/c it really bothers me that they are breaking it early. Oh well, I got mine!

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=226203

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=226204

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=226205

Sorry for the bad quality pics. If I am missing a pic that you wanted, please let me know and I will try to get it.
    Last edited by vemnox; 03-28-2005 at 03:48 PM.

Re: Lava Vader Purchased TODAY @ Target - Proof Inside

how much were they? Can you go get extra? I might want to buy one if I can't get it Saturday

Little late on this one - I found some on Saturday afternoon.

Why didn't you grab all of them instead of letting the other guy grab them? One case was on the pegs at the local Target near me and I grabbed nine of them because I knew some professional scalper was going to get them otherwise. Better for you, a collector, to have them and do with them as you please than let someone who doesn't care about them at all have them.

I don't quite get your description of this other guy taking the figures, though - "silently and without remorse" - should he have been whooping and hollering that he found them? And what remorse should he have had? Target put them out to sell, and he bought them. Their mistake, his (and your) benefit.

Surprised they rang up as $12.99, though. Sounds like Target really doesn't have its act together - they were $7.49 at my store.

And, I just have to get this last in considering all the crap I took about getting the Target Vaders I got - you couldn't feel TOO bad for the people who weren't going to get them on Saturday, considering you bought two, not one. :P
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Scackmgack
    Little late on this one - I found some on Saturday afternoon.

And, I just have to get this last in considering all the crap I took about getting the Target Vaders I got - you couldn't feel TOO bad for the people who weren't going to get them on Saturday, considering you bought two, not one. :P
    He bought 2, not 9.

And I am not trying to bust on you, but it sounds funny when you said that you got all those Vaders so a "scalper" would not get ahold of them. You say that as there is one on ebay.
    Last edited by JetsAndHeels; 03-28-2005 at 04:35 PM.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Scackmgack
    Why didn't you grab all of them instead of letting the other guy grab them?
    Great find vemnox!
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 03-28-2005 at 05:49 PM. Reason: took out some attack material

V- thanks for posting that info.

However, i am closing this thread as just after a few replies, it's obvious where this is going. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

closed.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"